xisto Community
rejected

Meeting The Father Need advice..

Alright, I'm meeting my girlfriend's father this Sunday. His attitude towards me is already very negative, according to my girlfriend. He is around 280 pounds, 6'7", and he used to box professionally. I'm fairly intimidated by him, and I haven't met him yet. Could someone give me some suggestions on how to act around him to reduce the hostility and show him that I'm a good person?

hoohthat certainly does not seem to be a man to fool around with! :( OK, lets get seroius, I think that first impression is the most important and you should not blew that...Try to be nice and not to nice so you won't be all sleezy and that because they will notice that! If he is over-protecting about his daughter than that is a little problem but hopefully when he sees you and you manage to convince him that she has nothing to loose if she is with you but rather gain something! Don't be scared, thats first, because her father knows that his daugther would kill him if he does soemthing to you, other than that just be yourself, maybe a bit politer version of yourself :) Good luck

Be yourself, is all the advice I'll give you. Don't stress over trying to adhere to whatever advice other people give you, just be yourself.Even if you pretend to be someone else now, he'll eventually get to know the real you and either like it or not. It's better to just be straight with him now and save all the hassle later on.That's assuming this relationship is long-term.

Johnny is right, be yourself. It's no good pretending to be someone that you are not, people will always see through a charade like that. Treat both him and his daughter with respect, (I assume you already do that) and you should be fine.

Well... good luck. My boyfriends are generally worried about how it'll go when they meet my dad (for some reason o.o), but it has always gone well so far, so.. ^^Lying is bad.. you want these people to trust you. So trying to act differently to win them over seems like a bad idea. Just be yourself.. although a little respect couldn't hurt :)

Just show him that you are interested and truthful about your intentions owards his daughter. If you want to be smart - ask him for a minute of his time when you meet him (in private) - just state your case and honesty and all will be well.

My girlfriend had told me that her dad was pretty scary, shouted a lot and she likened him to Begbie from Trainspotting. This as you'd expect had me rather apprehensive about meeting him. I'd managed to put him off for a bit until one day I locked myself and the mrs. outside my flat and she had to call him up for a lift.I was bricking it, not the greatest of first impressions this is it. Anyway 5 minutes before he arrives and the lady wants to go and buy some dinner, I'm like "no way, you've got to wait on your dad can't go pissing him off".So he arrives, has a joke with me and turns out to be one of the frendliest folk you could ever meet! I was so relieved it's unreal. Gf told me he likes me as I smile and I'm polite and well mannared.So there you go, just be nice.

you need to just relax, i'm sure he's not as bad as he seems. just be yourself and it'll all work out. most people are jerks for no reason, just don't give him a reason to not like you. Be honest with him and always have her home on time and you'll probably not have any problems with him.

Manners if hes from a well-off family, if hes the type of guy who walks around with crumbs on his face and wears a grease stained wifebeater 24/7, just shake his hand and give him a fairly strong grip. Try to make a small talk, but not cheesy. Try to avoid talking about work if he seems not to be happy with his job... Also you might want to consider asking your girlfriend what type of things hes interested in.

you shouldn't act awkward around him, because it seems like you're being fake. don't be rude, but don't stick up to him too much, either. If you stuff up your first impression, work back the relationship between you and your fatehr by getting him to know you better.

As said above, first impressions really are everything. It goes for everything not just relationships! Everyone really does judge you on the first 'glance' because that determines whether they want to talk to you more or less. Being yourself, being honest is the greatest advice. If someone finds out you were lieing later could be worse then finding out the 'horid truth' then. Especially if they don't find out from you about lieing. Being overly nice (if that isn't your true nature) isn't a good thing because it grows suspicion. Nervousness - this isn't the way to go! You have to be calm when you meet someone or else you might say the wrong thing accidentally, it may not be significant then to the dad but it will be to you. And that can just cause it to get worse and worse. No one likes to talk to someone who is always afraid of them, they want someone who has some confidence, at least I know I do! Though it is tough to say "don't be nervous" and then follow through with it. Just remember you're a great guy and that if the daughter likes you I'm sure you have some great qualities. Best of luck to you, and stay calm!-Jester

This really sexy girl in my class

Meeting The Father

Alright, I'm a 15 year old kid. And I need advice on how to get this girl at my school. I mean she has everything that a guy can want. My friend from high school said back when he was in her class in elementary school guys used to ask her and shed always say no.

There was even a time when a guy asked her to dance at some party and she was like "Id rather dance with my girlfriends than dance with you". I mean if she told me that, Id call her a lesbian. So I gave her a note saying I want a conversation with her on msn because I find her extremely beautiful. She liked the note so much, she forgot it in her locker? so my friend had to give her my msn to add me. I mean she acts like a slow ***** (slow in getting something right) but she has a nice figure. Anyways I think shes ethier Lesbian or she likes brothers(black people). So how do I know if shes the right one for me?

-reply by Tomi