xisto Community
husker

Best Classic Computer Game?

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which classic Windows game do you like best?I like Freecell the best, mainly because I'm good at it. It's addictive!My second choice would be Solitaire. I like the 3 card one instead of just drawing one at a time. It's much harder, but it is more fun.My third favorite is Hearts. This game is intense! Those computer players are pretty smart. It's always a challenge.Finally, my least favorite is Minesweeper. I just never got this game. I have played it before, but it seems WAY too hard.So what do you like?

1. Solitaire -- It's a total classic.(1.5. Pinball) -- Comes with Windows XP. It's a good alternative to the plain card games and minesweeper.2. Hearts -- I just like hearts.3. Freecell -- Good challenge when you're bored with Solitaire.4. Minesweeper -- It's really easy to play, but it gets boring quickly.

I like Hearts, first game I ever played on my old Windows 3.1 machine :) The Pinball on XP is a welcome change from the ancient looking card games that are on here, but I don't play it that much :(

Well I must say I prefer Solitare over the others. Like stated before Minesweeper gets old and Hearts I never really played until about a year ago. I do think pinball is good and it did come with older windows versions as well like Windows 98...my dad's old laptop had it. Solitare can be boring but entertaining and sometimes addicting once you get going.

This may be a little off topic, but speaking of classic computer games, I once had an old no-color grayscale computer with Uno on it. Talk about ironic, right?

Imagine trying to play UNO in GRAYSCALE. It's tough.

[For those who don't know what Uno is, it's a basic card game involving color and number matching, with a few extra twists in the form of special cards.]

I voted for hearts because i think that it is the most complx game of those that you have enoumered. Minsweeper is also a legend, but it gets boring faster than hearts which is a REAL game and in our family we are playing it all the time live not on computer...

I was going to add Pinball and Spider Solitaire, but they aren't really classics. They were added on later. But if you want to put them in your post, then go ahead.

I believe tetris was the first so called 'computer game' that ever existed. The first platform that tetris existed on was on a small machine whos construction is very similar to the one that stationary computers have today. Tetris might have influenced the way we look at computers today. The design was small, its amazing that engineers at that time could build such a game. Today Tetris is still the most played game on the Earth - It has been constructed at different platforms - Redesigned to fit the futures kids.

I like to play Minesweeper, I don't really like card games that much, except for Spider Solitaire - was the only one I've really played that actually made sense. I would probably enjoy the others if I actually "tried" to play them.

Ah yes the classic PC default games... Still good for time wasting! :P1. Solitare - so addictive, great for playing on my laptop in lectures when I'm really bored2. Minesweeper - I used to never be able to play this game but since I got the hang of it, it's also really addictive. It requires you to think as well which I like.3. Hearts - a little complicated, I got into this game, stopped playing for a while and when I went back, i forgot how to play!4. Freecell - never really played this...