xisto Community
Plenoptic

Combat Flight Simulator Wwii: Pacific Theater

Well I know this is a game made in I think 1999 or 2000. I just want to know if anyone has played it. I went to an aviation museum in Tennessee while I was up there last week and in there they had a screen and a joystick in which you could play this game. I thought it was pretty cool and found it on amazon.com for $15 to buy for the PC. What do you all think of this game? Are there any newer Combat Flight Simulators out by Microsoft?

:)

Well I know this is a game made in I think 1999 or 2000. I just want to know if anyone has played it. I went to an aviation museum in Tennessee while I was up there last week and in there they had a screen and a joystick in which you could play this game. I thought it was pretty cool and found it on amazon.com for $15 to buy for the PC. What do you all think of this game? Are there any newer Combat Flight Simulators out by Microsoft?

ther is a older one that is actualy moor correct than the newer microsoft sim, but i think its not allowed any moor becouse of the ground, and bldg, and complet thoroughness of the program

:blink: ther is a older one that is actualy moor correct than the newer microsoft sim, but i think its not allowed any moor becouse of the ground, and bldg, and complet thoroughness of the program

Better try "IL-2 shturmovik" simulatiors serie. Full version have Russian front, Western front, African and Pacific theatres. Also it have more than 100 aircrafts and modifications flyable. It has more than 10 modifications of BF-109 and about all modifications of Zero. Many modifications of P-39 Air Cobra ,P-40 P-40 Kittyhowk,P-40 Warhok, P-47 Thunderbolt and P-51 Mustang flyable. Also, all line of american navy fighters used in Pacific theatre - from F2F up to F6F Hallcat flyable too. Also game and upgrage packs includes many single missions and static and dynamic campains in all theatres. Phisic and gunnery model is very close to reality. Also it us many gameservers run this game, so many online opponents and missions can be available any time.

the msfs2 I purchased after using msfs1(european theater) seemed to me to have been produced by another company totally distinct from ms.  the european version was quite good at the time and seemed fairly challenging and, as far as it goes, realistic.  but, the pacific theater appeared cheap and of poor quality.  the very few aircracft available(corsair my personal), operated poorly. turning rate was extremely slow and often the zero or corsai, etc. When increasing altitude would stall.  in 1999 I first used the games on a dell laptop 600 series, then dell laptop 5150, and now on desk model dell 530.  what I will suggest are any of msfs games such as 2004 and/or deluxe ed. + acceleration pack.  also, try falcon 40 allied force(lead pursuit/graphsim). 

take care,

the flintflyer 

-reply by john france