xisto Community
aminzzlink

What Is .... A Gen Pets?

Wtf??? Time to be afraid???Have you read the entire web? lol it doesnt seem to be a fake, if it isn't i'm going to close all the windows and doors of my house and wait with a crowbar like in HL and wait on my door to enter one of these things. I hope that they dont jump, if they do, the humans will be gone!Lol, now for real, i really hope that's a fake, but the web comes with press releases, ect. And is it legal? I mean, managing the DNA for doing 'that'?Have fear, humans, genpet have come... :):(

Wtf??? Time to be afraid???Have you read the entire web? lol it doesnt seem to be a fake, if it isn't i'm going to close all the windows and doors of my house and wait with a crowbar like in HL and wait on my door to enter one of these things. I hope that they dont jump, if they do, the humans will be gone!

Lol, now for real, i really hope that's a fake, but the web comes with press releases, ect. And is it legal? I mean, managing the DNA for doing 'that'?

Have fear, humans, genpet have come... :(:)

i hope is just a joke , because if these pets are real humen race wouldn't survive, because these pets can have some versions strong and others intelegent in the futur so the humain couldn't then control these pets and ..... :):)

Parents,
be advised before purchase that the all New Genpets from Bio-Genica are Pre-Packaged, Bio-engineered pets and are not toys; they are alive.

Genpets are low priced enough to make replacement simple should your child have an accident, making Genpets the ideal first pet.

i hope they aren't alive :( !!!!!!

*flashes back to bonsaikitten.com fiasco* the dejavu is definately there!i think its a hoax for a few reasons:firstly if we could bio-engineer why waste it on silly little toys? the major governments would have robitic soldiers out in iraq, robotic deep sea divers, servants etc...as far as i know the furthest people have got with bio-engineering is a little AI, voice recognition and such but not a full bio-human.also theyre said to be cheap, if it was THAT good it wouldnt be cheap, if you ask me id say they would be close to half a million to a million pounds/dollars because if they were real bio-humans (whats the real word for that? ...hum...) then the technology would be very advanced and companies are greedy and that equals high price tags.also the picture...its very tacky IMHO which makes me think its not part of a REAL advertising campaign.the interesting thing is though as already said the internet publicity! it is pretty well known to Mr. Google which makes me think...why? methinks its because of blog entries because a lot of the links i found had the word "blog" in the title which makes me think a spammer has been wt work spamming the word "Gen Pet" accorss everything he can find. and like i said it reminds me of bonsai kitten (which i admit i fell for at the start) which was obviously a hoax. thats just my opinion though, i could be wrong i just doubt it :)

I don't know what these things are, but I am emailing the company asking them some pretty tough questions. With luck, I will get an answer and post it here for all you guys. Have anyone gotten info from this? I mean, this company is selling expendable pets. It says that they are inexpensive ways to basically let your kids have a go at raising them. And then what? You throw them away? Come on people. I think I will be dropping MSNBC a line.

That is sick!! Those things are alive!hmm, where do I sign up to resell them here in Mexico? :) .. Lol. Just kidding.It seems like it is pretty real, I dont know who would make that type of webpage just for a hoax. I dont have time to read the whole webpage or the catalogue, but Im sure this isnt something I would like to get into. We will hear from it again if it is not a hoax. You can bet on that....What if one of them turns evil? Imagine what could happen then.

Edited by FLaKes (see edit history)

:)

http://hoaxes.org/weblog/comments/4198/

Take at look at that link. It says it all. Besides, if they were real, I don't think they'll sell very well, considering they're so freaky that sensitive kids would probably cry when they get it. XD If you survey the site carefully, you can see that you can't buy anything from it. It's like the Bonsai Kitten hoax over again, like shadowx said.

It seems like it is pretty real, I dont know who would make that type of webpage just for a hoax.

That would be people who DO have spare time. Most people nowadays are too busy to even imagine people doing things like that in their spare time, but some people love being infamous :( Give them a chance to make themselves known. They aren't harming anyone... just freaking some ordinary people out, I suppose.... *cough Bonsai Kittens* Anyway, when you learn something from the internet... especially weird stuff like this, make sure to do extensive research. It's not nice to have the joke fall on you. (and it's not April 1 yet, either. :()
Edited by icemarle (see edit history)

Wow I am glad its not real. That is kind of creepy. Then again I guess its kind of like having a normal pet you know. You would have to take care of it and make sure it gets fed and is warm and clean. Rodents only live two to three years so a bioengineered pet that only lives that long would not be too far fetched. Its kind of creepy though as I said before. People can sure be interesting. LOL :)

That sure is creepy like anything. I went through the site they have put up and it seems someone sure is out there craving for some crazy publicity of some sort. This sure is crazy, I mean even if this stuff were real who would like their kids to play with such zombie like creatures.(after seeing all those doll becoming alive movies) I am pretty sure this thing is nothing but plain hoax.

I suspected it was a hoax when NONE of the images on the website showed the gen-pet OUTSIDE the packaging.I mean, come on, if it's supposed to be alive, a serious advertiser would be showing this very quality, having video of it moving and interacting with people.After checking out the Museum of Hoaxes link, I almost have to admire the artist and his message. But then I think he's creepy. Then I admire him again. ^-^And if these ever ACTUALLY happened - I'd want a violet one. ^-^ Yes, they're creepy, I miss having a pet!!! *Whimpers*

Well well what is new? All this hoax just to get our attention, logically everything doesn't add together, especially the part about the price. Why would such toys go so cheap when it is making use of a very advanced technology? However I do wonder with technology advancing ever so quickly, would AI-powered robots eventually take over the human race since they can do what humans have the ability to do twice as well or even more. I know about robots being made available in Japan and they can do some manual chores for you. What do you think?

I'm gonna agree in saying that they look very creepy... lolEww, just read the website...They're not seriously real, right? lolThat's the...most sickening gift I could imagine getting.....A quick google search lists it as an obvious, yet...one of the top internet hoaxes of all time...To me its just...eww...

OMG i hate zombies! it looks just like little zombies, imagine bloods all over, :lol: Oh ya, is this even legal?Maybe it is but this is scary, i don't want to live in a planet with gen pets all over taking over our place!!I won't take it even if it's free!EDIT: it's fake? lol...

Edited by quakesand (see edit history)

I am glad that those are fake because that is just plain out wrong to see especially for a little kid on Christmas.