xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Wyroba

Making My Private Ragnarok Server How do you make one...

I've been playing Ragnarok on alot of different servers for a while now. I've decided to finally make a server of my own. I've looked around, looking at alot of sites, and and can't find a guide that accually works. There's always some small problems, like links not working and talking about files that i can't find, and in the end when try to login to the server it say that it can't connect. If anyone could email me a guide or post it here, it would be greatly appreciated. Also I would like to know how to put it online.P.S. My email is dot_hack_orca@hotmail.com

I also want to make a server, but I'm not sure how much memory it takes and I'd rather not break my computer! And there seem to be so many ways to make a server and none seem very safe because all the websites post pop-ups and other obvious virus things so I can't trust them! Need help, thanks! :)

It's not an easy process, I'll tell you that much. You should at least have a partial knowledge of eAthena scripting language and a decent grasp of source code before you attempt it. It IS much easier to run the basic default emulator of eAthena, but I doubt you'll get any players unless you have a few custom things here and there, not to mention the basic NPCs that private server players have gotten used to. If you're still interested and determined, have a look at this this guide. Also keep in mind while the eAthena emulator itself is legal, using the Gravity resources are not due to being protected by copyright laws. Good luck.

According to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Illegal Servers are computers running the Ragnarok Online Software privately and exclusively in a single computer/machine or in a closed local area network without the need to connect to the Ragnarok Online servers through an internet connection.
The owners of these Illegal Servers usually charge a fee, which makes it a direct violation of the Level Up! Copyright, the registered franchisee owner and distributor of Ragnarok Online in the Philippines.

Topic closed.

Help Me

Making My Private Ragnarok Server

How to make my own private server ? any1 can pm me or somethin

My email is akatsuki_syukri@yahoo.Com.My

Please help me out

Ive been searching for 4 month

-reply by akatsuki

aminzzlink can you make a private server for me? I've tried making is with an SLQ guides, with text guides, and I even tried using Beginner eAthena (which is supposed to be premade so I don't have to do any work) but none of them work for me. Either I'm a big moron or those guides are missing something...

-reply by Mr. Happy Cat