xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tetraca

Lycos Upgrading Free Email Accounts

You may or may not know this, but a while ago I was checking my lycos mail. They are now going to supposedly offer 3 GB of storage rather than their 5 MB. I'm still waiting for them to upgrade my account, but they're getting there.To put it in perspective - that's around .5 GB more than a gmail account, and doesn't require a cell phone to get one.

Yea.. I saw that too! Here's a message on the mainpage

Coming soon. An exciting new version of Lycos Mail. We will be automatically upgrading your account over the next few weeks. Please watch your e-mail inbox for the forthcoming details.

I seriously think that Lycos should update its spam filters. I get TONS of spam that is not filtered! This is a good thing for Lycos Mail I guess!
Edited by Paul (see edit history)

I think the biggest improvement of lycos UK mail recently was that they allowed you to search your saved emails using the search bar at the top. not as good a the yahoo mail function as it only searches the titles of the emails...