xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
garbage

North Korea Missle Testing

Wel i was just catching up on some of the news sotires and ran accross thi story.wont post the entiore articleNorth Korea has finished loading fuel into a long-range ballistic missile, a Bush administration official said Monday as signs continued that the reclusive communist state will soon test a weapon that could reach the United States. U.S. intelligence indicates that the long-range missile, believed to be a Taepodong-2, is fully fueled, said the official, who requested anonymity because the information comes from sensitive intelligence methods. That reportedly gives the North a launch window of about a monthBut if you are in the US how scarry is it to know that they might be able to launch missles at us. Wellpersonally i thinkit's dam scarry. And who knows who else they might even target, tho i think every9one seems to target the use first.I recall a few years ago well maybee more than a few but Russia was in a similar situation and the US was really getting nervous. So i just wanted to hear others opinions on this.

hmm ... I remember that the DPR Korea possesses missiles capable of reaching the US west coast since about two years (back then, this claim was backed by CIA- and DPRK-propaganda), a few months later, Pyongyang claimed to possess nuclear weapons. I've read quite a lot about this back in the days when people were discussing why the Coalition of the Blind invaded Iraq --which did not even have a functional program to develop _any_ WMD back then-- and not the DPR Korea which obviously was near finishing its first nuclear warhead; the nuke claims combined with the rumours about long-range missiles, both backed by CIA reports (as opposed to the Iraq-WMD-issue which was _not_ backed by the CIA) are a real threat to the USofA.The only new thing I see about this story is the missile's name, two years ago people were talking about a modified what-was-the-name-again?-it-definitely-was-no-Tapeodong-thingy; even though I'm not in favor of any military developments (especially not in equipment designed to attack rather than defend), I've got to admit that I believe it's only fair if everyone gets high-tech-war tools instead of only some solitary nations.Anyways, the US Missile Defense System should be more than enough to protect the USofA from missiles launched from as far aways as Asia. According to DARPA Press Releases, it's working and only needs to be installed (well, the test results of the last test were not that good; the missile which was supposed to intercept the "attacking" missile did not even leave the launchpad)...[edit]sorry, I should have backed my claims by looking up the articles from two years ago and this sarcasm/cynism is no adequate way of talking about this situation since it might be a real threat to millions of people (both in- and outside the USofA). But before I do this, I'll leave the comp and head for my bed since I tend to use rather aggressive language when I'm tired and feel unable to participate in long discussions...I'd like to apologize to you for commenting in a destructive manner and thank you for reminding us of this threat (if it wasn't such a sad topic, I'd put a :) behind this)

Edited by brainless (see edit history)

This is a very tight situation as, unlike Russia, North Koreas being run by a crazy dictator that builds statues to himself and thinks hes going to rule the world. Really, I saw americas Missle Defence System, the Star Wars system. It was deserted. It was merley a front to scare off Russia. It worked, they fell, but now its just a hallowed out dome on the top of the crater on Maui. Its surronded with a chain link fence and do not enter:government property signs. Honesty, I could have walked right through the gate and stolen the laser beam (probally a huge laser pointer). There wasnt a single human being near the place. Our tour giude said hes been tresspassing since he started the job because the best view is behind the Star Wars dome. Its sad that we dont have a missle defence system yet. One of the few things I like about Bush was his continued support of the nessisity for one. Like, just because some crazy guy is fueling up a rocket it sets our whole country on its toes. Thats not national security. If he goes through with this I wouldnt surprise seeing mass evacuations and nuclear wastelands in the west. East Coast ftw!!!!In all honesty Im hoping we eliminate the threat. Too bad we have our finger in our arses with Iraq right now. If its a battle of nukes, we can elimiate NK several thousand times. Hopefully the military has some super secret missle killer. They have the prototype set up along the west coast and starting to move into Canada. Kind of a bad test scenario though. Im off to check up on my bottled water and Dintey Moore stew stocks...

This is a very tight situation as, unlike Russia, North Koreas being run by a crazy dictator that builds statues to himself and thinks hes going to rule the world. Really, I saw americas Missle Defence System, the Star Wars system. It was deserted. It was merley a front to scare off Russia. It worked, they fell, but now its just a hallowed out dome on the top of the crater on Maui. Its surronded with a chain link fence and do not enter:government property signs. Honesty, I could have walked right through the gate and stolen the laser beam (probally a huge laser pointer). There wasnt a single human being near the place. Our tour giude said hes been tresspassing since he started the job because the best view is behind the Star Wars dome.
Its sad that we dont have a missle defence system yet. One of the few things I like about Bush was his continued support of the nessisity for one. Like, just because some crazy guy is fueling up a rocket it sets our whole country on its toes. Thats not national security. If he goes through with this I wouldnt surprise seeing mass evacuations and nuclear wastelands in the west.

East Coast ftw!!!!

In all honesty Im hoping we eliminate the threat. Too bad we have our finger in our arses with Iraq right now. If its a battle of nukes, we can elimiate NK several thousand times. Hopefully the military has some super secret missle killer. They have the prototype set up along the west coast and starting to move into Canada. Kind of a bad test scenario though.

Im off to check up on my bottled water and Dintey Moore stew stocks...

This situation seems ironical to me. Somehow, all countries other than US and Israel seem to be treated like rebelling teenagers, deemed not mature enough to be well armed. as far as I know the most warlike and aggressive country for the past decade or so is none other than the US of A It is the only country with such a huge neuclear stockpile and advanced weapons, yet it is forbidding others to have even moderate amount of weapons. So my question is why such double standards? If USA is just afraid to loose the technological edge it has over others, stop being hypocritical and say so, don't pretend it because of concern for the test of the world or world stability. In the end its a power game.

personally i think america is scared of north korea and their nuclear power. while other nations have nuclear weapons, north korea have come out and talked about them and paraded them around and yet nothing has been done. while north korea are testing weapons america is still searching iraq for weapons of mass destruction. i think the world really needs to step up to north korea or who knows, it might cause another world war.

I think korea is a real threat to russia, china, and the other continents/countries near.Their missiles can reach this continents, and now they're on the nuclear manufactoring, i don't know but, this is getting pretty serious to me!

Then why are they so worried about the middle east when they have a neighbor across the sea with nukes capable of reaching the west coast? I think that North Korea is definitely hidding something huge, and if they get to distracted with the middly east, then it will probably be to late when North Korea decides to move on from a testing phase.I mean, what other purpose would testing be for?