xisto Community
zach101

I Feel Sick, Bad And Even A Little Selfish

Well guys its 2:27 Am pst time now and I feel terrible. Its probely a good idea to start at the begining of this story so you will know what were talking about. Im 17 and just finished my junior year of high school. I drive(very fast most of the time and my freinds know it, I know it and my parents know it) they are all constantly trying to get me to slow down but being the **bottom** I am I blow them off usually and say ill be fine. Of course I live in a very rural area so usually I am. Tonight was not the case however. I got off work and had to go pick up a freind before I went home because he needed a ride to his house, alittle bit out of the way, alittle bit of extra gas but no big deal. Im a freind, its late I got nothing better to do so I agreed to pick him up. I get off work at 11 and headed over. We hung at the place he was at for a while and then started heading home. On the way home I wasnt going excessivly fast(or so it seemed) when I saw another cop in the other lane pass and of course pull a U and come after me. He put his lights on and I pulled over. Apparently I was going 42 in a 30 I honestly did not know it was a thirty. I thought it was a 35 or 40 but oh well I got a ticket. Actually a "citation" same thing? Well he got all my info and came back and game me the "citation" and what not and wow I feel sick now im mad that he pulled me over, really mad that at first he said I was going 42. Twelve miles over and then even madder that when he came back he said I was doing 43.... hmmm? Oh well I dint argue with him there I figured a $145 dollar fine is enough. I also feel alittle bit selfish cause I am a bad driver and I do drive fast not to the point of endangering others of course but I do endanger my own health a little bit to much somtimes. So I sorta feel like I deserve the ticket but omg I feel so sick I dont know what to tell my parents or how much it will make my insurance go up or whats gonna happen. Ill have to pay it my self which is fine, I should pay for it my self. But I dont pay for my insurance and I dont know how much it will go up. On the back of the citation there were like four optioins. I thought there was usually one to go to a school and get it removed and what not? Not on this one apparently but there are differnt ways to plea I was wondering If i could get some help. If i took it to court is there any way I can get it lowered or was I clearly in the wrong? 12 miles at 1:20 at night dosnt seam like too bad of a violation but I dont know. Gosh dang it im rambling now. Any ideas how to break this one to my parents? I hate to ruin a good fathers day weekend. Thanks in advance for all coments.

I think you should be honest and tell your father and momy what happened in every boring detail. Going to court won't lower nothing because you will need a good loyar and it will cost you more than the ticket. So try gettin the money somehow and pay the ticket and tell your parents. That's my advice for you. Good luck!

Going to Court probably won't lower the fine or anything. If one of the options is to pay the fine in advance of the Court Date, then do it. Take the de-merit points and drive slower from now on. If you force yourself to drive slower now while you are young, it becomes a habit. Save the fast driving for the Freeways.Maybe if you pay enough in fines then you will learn to drive the posted limit.Also, tell your folks asap. Even though this is the Father's Day weekend, the ticket won't devastate them. If they have seen you drive, they are probably expecting the ticket to happen so tell them soon.

dont feel bad. that kinda thing happens all the time to ppl i know. its common. its a part of the driving experience. here's what you should do. you should just be straight up with your parents. tell them right away that you got a citation. really explain what happened, and they just might understand. they might not go down so hard on you because you told them right away. but then again, they still can "explode". tell them that you will pay that citation yourself, and promise that you will never get a citation again. PROMISE! If i was in your situation, i would pay my citation, tell my parents right away, and be done with it. I might get a few yellings here and there, but they most likely will calm down the next day. As long as you show them a way that you will never do that kind of thing again. or even give them a punishment for you yourself. Like you can tell your parents that as your punishment, u won't drive your car for a month, or whatever you chose. Hope this helps. Good Luck! :)

dont feel bad. that kinda thing happens all the time to ppl i know. its common. its a part of the driving experience.

What kind of people do you know? This is not "common" by any means. I have had many years of driving experience and never gotten a moving violation let alone a speeding ticket. This is a serious thing, dude. Speed limits are posted to afford "safe" traffic flow though areas according to the neighborhood use. Going 12-13 mph over the posted limit is not safe. Yes it was in the wee hours of the morning, but things can happen very quickly when you least expect them.

Now for my advice, zach101. Tell you parents post haste. You will probably lose your driving privileges for a period of time, as well as have to pay the fine yourself (or at least reimburse your patents who might foot it for you up front). Count your blessing that nothing more serious happened. Look at this as a learning experience, and do as jlhaslip suggests, save the speed for the freeway.