xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Florisjuh

Penumbra Impressive Free Survival Horror Game

Penumbra is a small tech demo of an engine coded by a group of students, the engine is really amazing and can be compared to the HL2 engine concerning graphics and physics. The game is a horror game, and it truely is very horifying, after the first door I already decided this game was nothing for me and I stopped playing it, but if you have better nerve control, give it a try.. You won't regret it, I guess! :)
The game is just single player and is also very short, and the chance that we will be seeing a full Penumba coming out anytime is very minor. Still it is a pretty cool demo to play!

Visit the Penumbra website at http://penumbragame.com/

Penumbra is a survival horror game with state of the art graphics, and heavy use of physics. The game may be free, but the graphics are on the level of a retrail game, and the physics are also quite impressive. The game is in first person but it's not a fps, the gameplay involves solving puzzles, exploring, and sneaking. You can download the game at http://www.penumbragame.com/ ,the download is about 200mb.Minimum requirements:Windows 2k/XP, CPU 1Ghz, RAM 512MB, Radeon 9600/Geforce FX

Notice from serverph:
merged with a much earlier thread of same topic.

It uses the Newton engine which allows for the realistic interactions with objects.Its not FPS (like nicholi.p) said but still a great addition to the first person gaming archive.The game play is so intense and captivating that I played it from midnight till my 6.30 am alarm without realizing it!If you can play such games I suggest you get it.