xisto Community
NeOniX

Real 3d On Mobile Phone Devices nVidia GoForce 5500

Well, dunno if was previously at the forum, but i didnt see it :).

Never have thought how cool had to be playing Quake III with your mp? Really you dont???

Well anyway, with the new mobile phones with that GPU, Quake III Arena GPL is supported! lol, that sounds hard 3D for a mobile device as a Samsung P-910, doesnt it?

And 3D is not all what the nVidia GoForce 5500 GPU offers, it gives to the mobile phone a very smooth video playback, and the best of all: supports digital video broadcasting (yup, DVB-H), so you can have at your hand a device with real 3D graphics, DVD-Quality video playback, DVB, and of course, an improved surrond sound.

Posted Image

For more info of the GoForce go to nVidia through here: http://www.nvidia.com/page/goforce_5500.html

Edited by NeOniX (see edit history)

Wow thanks for the information, never knew that, could I, I mean, play games that works on your PC with your mobile phone? If so, then I should get one right away. I wonder how much that costs? Never mind I never heard of Quake 3. Is it like a chip that you can put in mobile phones or is it just for the p-910 samsung phone?

No no, only for that samsung and for another mobile from another brand, but, anyway, the games are versions specially made for that hardware, you couldn't install the typical Quake III Arena from the cd :) you were going to download the version for the mobile phone (anyway, not too hard to find, cuz it's GPL, so it's legal).You could try to look in ebay, but i dont think it's easy to find a mobile phone of that kind there, cuz is from Japan. You might find it imported on your country. Good luck!

Edited by NeOniX (see edit history)

Maybe I should go to japan, and buy there this phone. I heard that in japan they have lots of cheap tecnology things. In my country? I don't think I'll find one. I mean an ipod shuffle camed here from 5 months and it had been there, in other countries, for years. I went to japan from couple of years and there plenty of cheap things ( cells, machines et...) So probably this summer I should go there. Thanks for the informations!

Great find. I wish I knew this before I bought my LG VX8300 2 days ago. My phone has full 3d right now. Its not very good, its PS1 with smaller games. Brothers in Arms looks amazing for a mobile phone. Theres explosions in the backround, grendades, teammates, gunshots whizzing past your head.I cant wait to see what their like in 5 years. Probally a PS2+iPod+PDA+cell phone just bigger then a credit card. Thats when the world will end, I gurentee it.-Society-