xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ahsan

Question: adding another fan on system?

i wanna add another fan in my system tell me is there any possibility of disordering of my pc's supply if i took connection of fan from my supply?

Notice from serverph:
edited topic title to reflect content of post.WARNING served for good measure, until he understands FORUM RULES & TOS better.

well i think i know what you mean, ok ill explain what you cna do, you can buy the fan which you need, and depending on what tyupe you get (ill explain later) then you cna take it from several places, okay heres my mini guide on installing a fan:

okay depending on where the fan is going and which connection it has then there are a numebr of things to do, okay so you purchase a new fan and its got a connector like this:

Posted Image

then you can plug this into your main power supply unit (incase you dont know this is it):

Posted Image

okay then you will usally have a pass though with the fan which allows you to connect more devices to one connector, but this is the common case for a fan that doesnt call the cpu just the system

here is a system fan:

Posted Image

and this is a fan which cools the cpu:

Posted Image

okay so those are the fans and if you are talking aobut a system fan then you need to plug it inot you motherboard with a 3 pin connector liek this:

Posted Image

okay hope this aas helped and to generally answer your question yes it is possible to add more fans to your your system and there is quite a range if you need any other help then pm and and ill be pleased to help you!