xisto Community
Brian Gillingham

An Inconvenient Truth - Spawns Inconceivable Ads

You may have heard about the Al Gore movie by now.... perhaps you've even heard about the ads that were put together to battle the movie. Remember, there is no other reason for the ads at this point in time other than the release and popularity of the "Inconvenient Truth" movie.

The one commercial states "...CO2, they call it pollution, we call it life".

Now, do you want to know who paid for the ads to be created? Competitive Enterprise Institute created them. Who is the Competitive Enterprise Institute??? It is a junk-science group that is funded by Exxon along with other big oil companies. Why would these companies have to create an ad like that - especially if what they are claiming was TRUE?

Come on now, these idiots at CEI are claiming that the earth is flat! <sarcasm>Well, Jeb, they convinced me! CO2 is coming out of my mouth and my car --- I am going to keep my SUV that gets 15 mpg and keep buying lots of gas for its tank</sarcasm>.

Toxic effects can come from CO2, but that is not the argument behind global warming; the problem with CO2 has everything to do with climate change - not toxic effects on humans. FACT: if you close yourself in a room that is sealed, you will die from your own CO2, remember the number of kids that died in car trunks last summer? CO2 is a poisonous gas - any good scientist will tell you that the dosage is what matters... much more is simply worse than what we have or even a bit less.

I've seen that advertisement before. I think it's quite stupid but the majority of the viewers should be able to see right through the ad and into the truth. What I'm worried about with these ads is that children may actually take them into consideration. It's not surprising that oil companies would try and pull something like this. They are a multi-billion dollar industry and they are trying to protect their investment.