xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BOAW

Adsense Earnings question

When they show you your total earnings, do you get everything that they show you? For Ex. Total Earnings = $10. Do you really get $10? or is a percentage of that $10 going to somewhere else which means you actually get less than $10? Because i heard some of the money goes to the IRS or somthing.

you mean witholding taxes? google adsense support has this to say:

Do you withhold taxes?

We rarely withhold United States federal tax from Google AdSense payments. Specifically, taxes will not be withheld from publishers who sign the No US Activities form. However, we may be required to withhold up to 30% from publishers in these situations:

* if you are subject to back-up withholding as described on Form W-9

* if you do not fill in Section 10 on Form W-8BEN with a treaty number and 0%, and do not provide a United States TIN in Part 1 Box 6

* if you do not claim complete exemption in Section 12 of Form 8233

in my case, i got in full what i was supposed to receive (converted to our currency based on prevailing dollar exchange rate at time of cheque release) since i'm a non-US resident. taxes on my part is to be declared on my own.

Will I have to pay taxes on my AdSense earnings?

It is the responsibility of each publisher to understand and adhere to the appropriate tax rules.

Google is required by United States tax laws to collect certain tax-related information from you. However, we are not able to provide you with tax advice. Any tax-related information provided by Google is not intended as and should not be construed as legal, tax or investment advice. You should always consult your tax advisor to help answer specific questions regarding how tax laws apply to you and/or your business. The tax summary we have provided is necessarily incomplete, and the tax laws and regulations are subject to change. Therefore, Google does not guarantee and is not liable for the accuracy or completeness of any tax information provided, or any results or outcome as a result of the use of this information.

Please review these resources for additional information about tax regulations:

* For general information about AdSense and taxes, please visit our Tax Information Page.

* For specific information regarding U.S. tax requirements, please visit the IRS website.

* For tax advice or more technical questions about how tax laws apply to you, please consult your tax adviser.

* For general questions about submitting your tax information to Google AdSense, you can email adsense-support(at)google.com.

for more adsense FAQs (almost every possible adsense question has been posed and answered already), go to:

https://support.google.com/adsense/

just search from therein. :)

I'm not going to look for the TOS but I'm pretty sure I read that if you live in the us and make a certian amount they do report it as income to the irs and will send you a 1099 that you will need to claim on your yearly returns. figure about 30% of total revenue will be collected by uncle sam.

This is true. The income tax they collect applies to U.S. users. However, if you live outside of the U.S. but you have somebody who works for you in the U.S. or somebody affiliated with your site who is American, then you may still be subject to this tax. There are some choices that you can make when you're setting up your tax information.