xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kubi

Animal Cruelty Acts Why?

Why do people insist on abusing there animals? Most claim it's because they can't afford food or vaccine for there animal. But what about those who CAN? Are they just "to busy", or what?I've been watching this show, "Animal Cops Houston". Simply, they go around and save abused animals. Well in todays episode they saved a pregnant horse. Well, the house was malnourished, it's hair was falling out, and it's bones were clearly visible. It was disgusting. Just the way they handled the animal.The police took the horse and put it in a safe holding and had it checked out. Basically the issue was, either the baby dies, or the parent dies. During the night the mother gave birth. It was premature, and the baby wasn't being fed inside the mother, so they had to bottle feed the baby constantly to keep it alive. Obviously they had to put the mother down, and the baby survived.They pressed charges on the owners, here's what angers me. the fine was 2 days in prison and a fine of 1,000 dollars. That's ridiculous! 2 day!? 1000 dollars?! I'm sure the horse cost ATLEAST twice that price, and seeing as how it had to have a mate, where's the other horse? On another show the penalty was nearly 10 YEARS in prison and thousands MORE dollars, for leaving a dog unattended in a house for 2 weeks. The dog made a full recovery, but not the horse, and the dog owner got fined more!What's wrong with that?People who abuse there animals showed be able to own them. When you buy an animal you know you should be financialy stable. If you can't care for it, ADOPT IT OUT!What are your guys views on animal cruelty?

You have your points there. But in some points, I would have to disagree with you. First, I would start off that I have pets of my own in which I love very much and would never starve or dehydrate. I just want to start off this post without and biases. Like you, I believe it's wrong to starve or dehydrate any animal which is, as I agree with you, awful. Most of the so called owners say they can't afford for the animal's food or water. I would like to state here that almost anybody can afford water if you're either living in a house or apartment, no matter how rich or poor (unless you're a tramp...). These animal abusers, by making excuses, are insinuating that they cannot afford for these poor animals, so yes, I do think these owners should have their animals taken away.Also, following your story with the horse, I think he had received a just punishment ; he should not receive more or less. With his two years in prison, it would be vastly difficult for him to obtain a job as he can support himself during his advancing age. He would learn the lesson that animal cruelty is wrong, which he learned the hard way. These are my opinions. Yes, I think animal cruelty is absurd and wrong, but if you kill an animal, you should not be sentenced the same way you have killed a human.

Actually Nova, I said that in terms of the horse case, he got 2 DAYS in prison. I do undersntad 2 years, but not 2 DAYS which is was.Leelee, do you think you could contribute more of your opinion?

umm...this is really a concered viewi saw some news about animal cruelty on internet recently.some kitten or puppy are kicked or batted to die...very very cruel ;break human innated morality...i disagree any acts like that...

yo ive heard and seen worse. But this is different. I seen on ther internet people skinning these racoon like cats ALIVE. It was so disgusting and sick i felt so friggin sorry for these animals. after they were skinned they were still alive and would move very little. Ive never seen anything like it. Ive also seen poeple push cages full of cats and dogs off the roof of buses alive. i really didnt understand the concept of that but that doesnt matter to me its just way to messed up no matter how you put it. and one more messed up thing was where how ive seen these people put a little tiny cat or kitten into a glass jar and keep in there. They would feed it to keep it alive till it grew inside that jar and form the shape of the jar that it was inserted in. how sick and disgusting is that. all of this stuff you can find somewhere on the internet. Now those are the people that just deserve to be shot and killed.i also noticed that all the info i received watching and reading about these animal crueltys was that they were perform out of the US like as if in some other countrys the things that they do are acceptable which really pisses me off becuase that means this may still be going on now and nothing is being done about it :)

I've watched that show as well and I kind of believe that the penities should be worse, because to me an animals, insects, and plants, have just as much a right to life as humans do. I have a friend who is going to has to get rid of his dog soon, because where they are moving too doesn't allow pets, but he doesn't leave it do die at his old house. He goes over at least three times a day to let the dog in and out, make sure it has food and water and he is going to keep doing it until he can find a new owner or take it to an animal shelter.

yo ive heard and seen worse. But this is different. I seen on ther internet people skinning these racoon like cats ALIVE. It was so disgusting and sick i felt so friggin sorry for these animals. after they were skinned they were still alive and would move very little. Ive never seen anything like it. Ive also seen poeple push cages full of cats and dogs off the roof of buses alive. i really didnt understand the concept of that but that doesnt matter to me its just way to messed up no matter how you put it. and one more messed up thing was where how ive seen these people put a little tiny cat or kitten into a glass jar and keep in there. They would feed it to keep it alive till it grew inside that jar and form the shape of the jar that it was inserted in. how sick and disgusting is that. all of this stuff you can find somewhere on the internet. Now those are the people that just deserve to be shot and killed.

Now I agree with you on that BOAW, I don't think they should be shot however, but need to be hunted down and punished for their crime (I think life in prison is a good option). There comes a point where people do abuse their right to life, by taking lives ot others for no reason at all. As a personal opinion, they need to try and hunt down those people who do that, I'm pretty sure there are some clues in those videos to who they maybe.
Edited by Madkat-Z (see edit history)

Madkat-Z wrote:

I've watched that show as well and I kind of believe that the penities should be worse, because to me an animals, insects, and plants, have just as much a right to life as humans do.

As I'm living in another country, I've obviously not seen the show.

I agree with the second part of your sentence completely, though I think animals and plants have more of a right to exist than humans do (no other species destroys life in such a systematic fashion as we do. As I write this one sentence, a couple of soccer fields of rain forest have been burned down to feed the animals we raise to feed us. well, not exactly "us" humans but some cows which will be slain to feed those who can afford the meat. By the way, it takes about 9 pounds of grass/soy/green stuff to get one pound of meat out of a cow. Let's ignore the meat industry for a moment: Guess how much of the world hunger problem could be solved if the green stuff was distributed directly to the people instead of making it go the way through a cow's stomach? Even in a capitalist fashion, this green stuff could be affordable for most people...)

anyways, there's a simple rule of behavior if you take care of an animal which is not able to support itself (though most are if you set 'em free): If you're running low on money, save on yourself and not on the animal. It's not the animal's fault that you're bankrupt, is it? We had some 18 cats a couple of years ago because we didn't get to sterilizing two of them soon enough. Before we were able to give most of them away (to, hopefully, caring hands :)), my siblings and me noticed that there weren't as many sweets in the sweets box as usual. Guess where the money was spent instead... (there are five or six cats around our house nowadays, depending on whether the youngest cat makes her kitten stay or not and it's only a matter of months how long the oldest will stay with us, she's about 15 now...)

Hurting anything for fun is not only sick, but shows you have an underlying psychotic illness you need to fix either by psychology or dianetics(if you believe in it).There's nothing wrong with killing animals for necessities such as fur or meat, but just for fun isn't right.

I dont agree with hurting animals in any way. After reading these posts i see that most of u think animals should be treated with respect and that people who abuse them should be given a harsher punishment other than 2 days and a thousand dollar fine. Yet your kind of contradicting yourselves there, if you respect them so much why do you PAY for animals? Why do people profit from selling them? You pay for them like there a general object. Madkatz says "but need to be hunted down and punished for their crime (I think life in prison is a good option)." this is a punishment associated with murder, should then animals be treated with the same rights as humans? do you buy and sell humans?Do animals like to be kept inside when they want to be outside? do you? is it not a humans right to go where he wants? should animals be treated the same way?just some things to think about there.

I believe all life should be respected whether it is human, domesticated pet, farm animal, or wild creatures in danger of extinction because of habitat destruction.We have situations in the rain forests where deforesting is taking place at an alarming rate, to provide room for human expansion and food provision. What gives us the right to take another creatures home for our benefit, or greed, especially when, if the capitalist countries got their acts together, there is already sufficient food for everyone. Once again, human greed takes precedence over respect for the earth and the environment.As far as taking care of pets is concerned, if you can't look after one, don't get one. In the UK, lack of money is not a valid excuse, there are plenty of insurance companies for animals, and for those that can't afford the insurance, we have animal charities which fill the gap for a donation.So, if people don't treat other creatures, human or otherwise, with respect, they lose the right to be treated with respect themselves, and should be treated by the law accordingly.

Do animals like to be kept inside when they want to be outside? do you? is it not a humans right to go where he wants? should animals be treated the same way?

i agree with your points, people that phsically abuse animals are bad, so are those people that treat animals as "live toys" like the ditsy girls you see carrying a dog in a handbag, dressing it up in clothes, ITS A DOG, take it for a walk, play fetch with it, don't degrade it like you do.

I think you should need to get a licence and if you breach the terms of that licence they give out very harsh penalties, no animal should suffer at the hands of a human.

I have three dogs, whom I love and probably couldn't live without right now. I can't imagine what goes through people's heads when they abuse animals. One of our dogs we took from a family who was neglecting her. She was slightly underfed and wasn't too active. We've taken good care of her and now shes lively as can be.But I just cannot believe some people would go out of their mind to hurt or do anything to an animal. If you abuse an animal, you should get the same penalty as if you abuse a human. It just isn't right, and the animal shouldn't have to suffer at the hands of a human.

I don't see why people think that it is ok to abuse animals. Everyone who has any intelligence knows that animals feel pain just like us. There is no reason to hurt them unless they are trying to hurt you. The people who own pets and do not take care of them need to realize that they don't need to own an animal its their choice so take care of it.

There's nothing wrong with killing animals for necessities such as fur [...]

I beg to differ on the fur part. One does not require [real] animal fur. It's not a necessity. Even if it's for the cold. We don't grow cotton for no reason. Several people that purchase [real] animal fur to wear, are just doing it to show off. Plus, the alternative is much cheaper, and quite possibly, doesn't even do any harm.
Nor do we require alligator-, or snake-skinned materials. Also, I hear make-up has fish ingredients.