xisto Community
michaelper22

Running Bios Setup On A Dell Inspiron 8000 Laptop How do you do it? Dell wants money to tell me

My aunt gave me her old laptop, and I want to reinstall Windows on it. For sarters, the DVD-ROM drive is not first in the boot order. So I need to open the BIOS Setup program to change it. I tried pressing about half a dozen key combos, and couldn't get it to run. I called Dell, and they gave me some garbage, saying that I would have to pay to get help. So I come here, to ask you, how does one open the BIOS Setup program on a Dell Inspiron 8000 laptop?

Yes i did say that. Anyway, I solved the problem. You can open the Bios Setup through the F2 key, just press it multiple times durin startup (before windows loads), and you will hear a beep, then the bios setup program will oad. I found this on the Dell community Forums, after doing a little creative searching.

Simply press the F2 key during the post screen (the duration when the DELL logo is displayed on the screen). that will get you into the CMOS setup.

How to set up a Dell Inspiron 6000

Running Bios Setup On A Dell Inspiron 8000 Laptop

Recently I have problems with my Dell Inspiron 6000, need to reinstall Windows on it. I called Dell and was told that the required CDs were preinstalled in my computer, I can do it without the CDs. But they said I have to pay in order to know how...

I think you computer genius can help...

-Ginger

Inspiron 8000 Power Problem/2 lines on LCD

I have the laptop 8000 the batteries charge fine.After you plug in the power supply 2 minutes later the screen DImms and seems to power down not shut down just dimms..If you pull power cord out it is fine...Also I have two vertical lines one green one pink can anyone help me out here...I just bought it on ebay and ordered a new power supply HD and more Ram.

-reply by Jamie

i want to install win xp and remove vista completely how should i do it and what to do in bios set up

I had dell 1525 and I am learning advance languages but I am not able to do programming so I decided to install windows xp and remove vista, how should I do it and what changes have to be done in bios set up,Please help me sort out my problem

-question by ricx

Inspiron 8000 Power Problem/2 lines on LCD

I have the laptop 8000 the batteries charge fine.After you plug in the power supply 2 minutes later the screen DImms and seems to power down not shut down just dimms..If you pull power cord out it is fine...Also I have two vertical lines one green one pink can anyone help me out here...I just bought it on ebay and ordered a new power supply HD and more Ram.

-reply by Jamie

I think some hardware is corrupt on your system. Most probably the graphics card. Go for a replace or get your money back.

Power Supply is not the problem.

i want to install win xp and remove vista completely how should i do it and what to do in bios set up

I had dell 1525 and I am learning advance languages but I am not able to do programming so I decided to install windows xp and remove vista, how should I do it and what changes have to be done in bios set up,Please help me sort out my problem

-question by ricx

Ok. First You need an XP CD. Do you have it ?

I would suggest you prepare a recovery Disk of the current operating system and other things that are currently installed, if you don't have that already. I think there is an option of creating a recovery disk in start menu > programs.

Second, I don't think you need to change anything in the bios set up. Most of the time first boot device it CD. If its not, Make it the first boot device.

And Oh ! I almost forgot. If your XP DOES NOT detect your hard disk - disable the Native SATA option under BIOS. But don't disable it before trying.

Third , Just put in the XP CD and boot. It should start installation. And when it gives the drive to choose. If you don't want Vista anymore You should go for the C: drive. Format and install on this.

Otherwise, Choose a second Drive, If its partitioned. But remember all the contents on the drive you install would be lost ;)

Dell inspiron fan

Hello all. I have an overheating issue with my inspiron 2200.

I have pulled the fan and bench tested it. The fan runs fine on a 5 V supply (actually is runs fine down to 3V). The mother board is not supplying the VCC to the fan. I know because I have speedfan running

And the processor get to73C and no VCC on the supply pin.

Does anyone know of any software switches that turn the fan on and off?

Dell Inspiron 2200 with Windows XP.

Dell inspiron fan

Hello all. I have an overheating issue with my inspiron 2200.

I have pulled the fan and bench tested it. The fan runs fine on a 5 V supply (actually is runs fine down to 3V). The mother board is not supplying the VCC to the fan. I know because I have speedfan running

And the processor get to73C and no VCC on the supply pin.

Does anyone know of any software switches that turn the fan on and off?

Dell Inspiron 2200 with Windows XP.

I believe your problem is more on the hardware side than on the software side. Kindly get your motherboard tested, since you yourself stated that VCC is zero. I think most probably a hardware component is busted which is causing this problem.

how to open boot options/bios set-up in dell inspiron 1545 free-dos laptopRunning Bios Setup On A Dell Inspiron 8000 Laptop

mine is dell inspiron 1545 free-dos laptop which I had purchased on 1st june, 2009.

I want to install windows xp in my laptop for which I need to disable sata hard disk option under the BIOS. But I m not able to open the bios set-up program/ boot option in my laptop.

please help me to troubleshoot the problems.

waiting for your response.

thanking you!!

-reply by nirak goit

Tried to install New Hard drive in Old lap top, but isnRunning Bios Setup On A Dell Inspiron 8000 Laptop

I have a Dell Inspiron 8000 laptop that is about 8yrs old, yikes; but it has hardly been used and has been in storage. It works fine right now but the hard drive is extremely low on memory as the original Hard Drive only has 20GB hard drive. I bought a new hard drive that is suppose to be compatible but when I remove the old hard drive and install the new one, press F1 for setup, it takes me to bios but then freezes up. I can't change anything. After about 5mins it just shuts down. I originally tried one from western digital, but didn't work and then I called dell and they told me not to exceed 100GB so I bought one from Seagate, still doesn't work. I replace the hard drive in my Dell Latitude with no problems. Is the comp just too old? Any advice would be great. This is the second time I have tried to replace the hard drive. Same problem both times.

-reply by Karen

Simply press the F2 key during the post screen (the duration when the DELL logo is displayed on the screen). that will get you into the CMOS setup.

what if the f2 button doesnt work is there another way to reset the admi password?