xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
michaelper22

Survived 9th Grade Sooo hard at first, then got easier

It's now June, and yesterday was my last day of school (well, the last real day, Regents days and the graduation ceremony don't count). I managed to survive this whole year, and learned how to do a ton of homework in short periods of time in the process. It was a difficult year for me, but I survived. I'm looking forward as well as being anxious for what's going to happen next year: two new principals (one we met, the other still a mystery), possible construction on the building, more Regents to study for, and some other stuff too. They should hand out T-shirts that say "I survived 9th grade!".

Thats great. It's always a big step going into your seconf year of high school, becase you are now used to the enviroment. I just finished 8th grade and will be where you were at this whole year. Anyways, congratualtions on making it this far and good luck throughout high school.

Me, i'm gonna finish my 8th grade in school after three days!!!!! My sister finished school, she has 2 days to start the exams OOps!! Then when she finish her exams she's going to a University lucky her. Me I have 3 more years to spend in my tough school! But I don't care my grades are very high because i am very smart, so mom and dad buy me whatever I want. I bet they give us more home work then they give you, Michaelper22.

I bet they give us more home work then they give you, Michaelper22.

I bet you are correct. I got homework that could easily get finished within the allotted amount of time (usually about a week, for say, a chapter in the social studies book), yet I spend my nights on the computer, and push off the homework until the last night (and sometimes don't finish it until the class before, which you can get away with when you have a particular teacher in my school). But really, my school was easy once I got used to it (remember that I kept the chair warm in 7th and 8th grades, meaning that I didn't do homework, therefore didn't know much material, therefore didn't pass tests....you know the rest), then it was much easier for me. My social studies teacher tgot me into the work habit, because he was the devil (not literally, he's a cool guy)who assigned monsterous amounts of work throughout the year.

Just wait until your sophomore year! It will be a little easier and a bunch more fun :rolleyes:. Are you taking honors classes at all?

I am taking the basic New York State curriculum; this year I took Global History 1 (one more year of that), Math A (half a year left of that), english (finish that in 12th grade), biology (done this year), and computers (I have no clue when we're done). I don't even know what an honors lass really is; I'm just assuming tht it's 20 billion times harder than what I'm doing now. yeah, the seniors in my school are having a blast, only like 3 periods in the whole day; the rest of us have five periods.

Giving out tshirts that say "I survived 9th grade" sounds like they intentionally made your life like hell there. lol. That's great that you learned new things while in 9th grade. I didn't like my ninth grade so much. I wasn't really a person with high self esteem when all these guys are going around talking about having sex with other girls and stuff. I know they're just "frontin" or lying but they get noticed. Now i thought back then i was really a loner. lol. As the years go by it got better. I made more friends and felt better about myself. It was a good and bad experience. I"m glad you actually enjoyed it. Congratulations and have a fun summer. Try harder next year... Get that number one spot!

Well.. its not getting any easier =) Actually ninth grade is no pain at all if you compare to to all other things you have to do in life. So enjoy the time you got =)Sooner or later you have to continue your education - and its not getting any easier at all ! :rolleyes:

They should hand out T-shirts that say "I survived 9th grade!".

Well congrats on suriving your freshman year as well. I need a shirt that says "I survived my freshman year of College." Anyway, I hope the homework lets up on you next year. :rolleyes:

Coolio, dude!! I just finished my first year of high school (9th) two days ago as well!! It's a big relief, having a Summer to reflect (And waste doing pointless things) the first year of high school.I've got to admit, though, that this first year of high school wasn't amazingly challenging. My middle school prepared me very well, as it was quite harder and the teachers were very difficult. I'm getting 95+%'s in almost all my classes, yet everyone who isn't from my middle school is like failing. I'm taking mostly all honors courses.And next year, if scheduling permits, I'll be taking AP Statistics!!! I'm Muy muy excited! Ha. And I got elected into the student government thing, so that will all keep me busy next year and will make my college app. look good.Speaking of College, don't slack off your sophomore year, I've heard from numerous people that that is the year that colleges weigh the most.So GL to all of you, and may your educational career be full of success and enjoyment.

Congrats on surviving your first year. I just survived my second year of high school. I'm not looking forward to next year being that I am taking all AP courses(advanced placement) including, Honors Pre-Cal, AP Chemistry, and AP Physics. My schedule is stacked from top to bottom. My only rest periods really are band and jazz band. I'll probably die before this next year is over though!

Congrats on surviving your first year. I just survived my second year of high school. I'm not looking forward to next year being that I am taking all AP courses(advanced placement) including, Honors Pre-Cal, AP Chemistry, and AP Physics. My schedule is stacked from top to bottom. My only rest periods really are band and jazz band. I'll probably die before this next year is over though!

Argh... Just finished Freshman year, Next year I have a pretty stacked scheldule as well - Pre-Calc (I didn't realize there was such a thing as honors pre-calc) Honors Chem, AP Euro History, Honors English, Chinese, German, and, uh, I don't remember what else...

Good luck, anyways...