xisto Community
husker

Cpanel Or Ftp? which one?

Hey,I thoguht it would be cool to find out if people use Cpanel or FTP more. And if FTP, which client do you use? I prefer FTP because it is easier to use, and I use SmartFTP. However, I do use Cpanel sometimes to edit my files. So, what do you guys use?

I, myself, am a big fan of SmartFTP. It does everything i could possibly want, and is completely free (for individuals...not businesses).The ability to open/edit files in a external editor is always nice...not to mention the fact that uploading 100 files via the cpanel would take forever.

I use FTP most of the time as it is faster. I use SmartFTP for this. I use Cpanel when I have loads of files to upload then usually I zip them up and upload it as one zip file. Then use Cpanel to unzip them. It is a lot faster this way. I only usually use cpanel when I have to upload files this way or create or edit MySQL databases.

I use FTP for multiple files, cPanel when I just want one (in which case I usually have my browser open already anyway... control t, url, pass, click, click, click, click, done) or if I'm not at my computer with my FTP client already on it. I use Core-FTP, but I'm considering switching as its kinda slow.

I don't have hosting yet but I'll probably end up using the CPanel. "Kid" accounts on AOL are weird, AOL itself (and AIM) are the only thing that can make connections to other computers, which means FTP or Halo or MOHAA and sometimes Java applets don't work unless I'm on my mom's account which is an "adult" account. Its really gay.

i happen to use both the cpanel and/or the ftp, but for the ftp i use my Network places in my computer to help me do my work instead of using a ftp client such as smart ftp, i dont find the need of it.

I use a mix of SmartFTP (yet another one) and cPanel. For me neither is more efficient than the other, aside from the fact that with cPanel I can't overwrite files sometimes. Yes, SmartFTP is a wonderful program, especially considering that it's free (and I'm vey cheap, I'm a teenager with no income).

I use cPanel if I'm uploading a lot of files (upload and unzip) and FTP if I'm uploading a small number of large files. I use SmartFTP because it's easy and free.

Hey! I use SmartFTP too.Smart FTP has a good look and a good interface.A drag and drop interface will not be a big problem but If you are talking about CPanel, then it depends on how you upload things.To load the CPanel, it takes time (atleast longer than FTP)Then if you are at the CPanel, it is better to upload in zip formats.But for file formats, ... (I hope you know what a frustrating task it is, but I was doing that a couple of years ago)FTP is clearly better than CPanel in case of file-uploadings.But many things can be done in CPanel (Site adjustments) that you cannot do in FTP.

I use FTP, for uploading files. It is easy, fast and reliable on for transferring large amount of files. Like you I use smart FTP as a FTP client.

i use ftp but im still very confuse on how it actually works.whats a cpanel?issit something like ftp but ftp being abit more advance or faster than cpanel?im still very confused xD

I use FTP too because my connection is 56k it's take much time to complete large uploading. So cuteFTP can upload many file for me follow the queue that i have set it.