xisto Community
Blacklaser

Godaddy Domains For $ .79 thats right, 79 cents

With this buy.com offer you can get a Godaddy.com domain for free. The catch: you need to buy something from buy.com, but since they offer some songs for 79 cents you can get a song and a domain for $ .79!

- Go to buy.com and add this coupon to your basket, then click the music tab at the top of the page (alternatively click here).

- Find a song you like, preferably one that is 79 cents (cheapest they have) and buy it.

Once you get the promo code (usually within 1 or 2 days) go to godaddy.com, select your domain and enter the promo code at checkout, your domain will be free! :lol:

I figured this would fit into the freebie section since the actual domain is free and 79 cents isn't exatcly a lot of money.

Notice from electriic ink:
Well actually it doesn't :rolleyes:

The offer must be absolutely free. It cannot be a 'buy x amount and get x amount free', or 'subscribe to this paid service and receive this other service free', etc. It must be one-hundred percent free for the user to take advantage of the offer mentioned.

Moving from Freebies.... Please read the pinned topics in future

Edited by electriic ink (see edit history)

Wow, thats preety cheap. You would think that buy.com would make it so that you would have to buy something over a certain price amount. Anyway, I might have to try this. Thanks for the info

You actually did include that.

Anyway, awesome post. I'm actually going to go through with this right now, I'll let you know of the results. After all, even if it doesn't work, 79 cents is really nothing, and hey, if I get a song I like, even better.

Edit: Bought and downloaded Fort Minor -- Where'd you go?, and I trust that I'll get the godaddy info sometime soon. If all goes well, I'm gonna see if I can do this 2-3 more times before the offer is up, (6/15), because I've been wanting some domains for my site. :rolleyes:

Again, thanks Blacklaser. I'll send you some credits later. <333

allright. Im going to try this tomorrow and hopefully it will work. Im probably gonna get at least 3 domains. Thanks for the info.

Has this worked for anyone yet? As soon as someone uses this to get a domain name, please post a post here for the 'rest-of-us'!Anyways, Great post Blacklaser :lol: REAL NICE idea on buying the music for the domain ;):rolleyes:

If I had a credit card I would defenitely do this, but I'm just a cash-strapped teenager. In the meantime, 1&1 domains aren't terribly expensive, and you get some othe nice features with them also.

ok I am going to write this as I try it. I am going to buy.com via blacklasers link named coupon, I am adding the coupon now. K, now I am going to select a song... I shot the sheriff by Bob Marley... its $0.99 (though I did see alot of $0.79 and $0.89 songs its only 10-20 cents difference). I entered my email to sign up as a new user, then I added my credit card as a payment source, then I added all my info (address, ect.), then I selected the bitrate 128k or 256k (note: only some are availible in 256k). The song is a 8864k download (not including the installer or toolbar that is needed to download buy.com's songs, its like 233KB) I have dial up so it gives me time to think of a domain and a website for that matter.... Done. It only took 45mins. Now Windows Media Player is asking to update a security something or another so I clicked yes and it took less than a minute. Ok done listening to song, now I will check my email. Its been over 2 hours now and I have got two emails from buy.com "welcome to buy.com" and "Thanks for your order." but neither have anything in them about the free domain or even godaddy.com. I am still going to be patient and I will get back to you guys when I get the email and get my free domain. to be continued......

well lets see if this works :rolleyes: i bought Red Hot Chille Peppers - Dani California, lol i cant believe i actually bought that OMG neways, im hoping to get the confirminaiton code and get the domain, since my website allready has a domain until 2009 i think ill use this for a site called forumize that currently has a Xisto sub domain (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) but anyways :lol: if this doesn't wwork....arghhh imma sue! joking!anyone know how long the domain will lastlol watch it last 6 months

well lets see if this works :rolleyes: i bought Red Hot Chille Peppers - Dani California, lol i cant believe i actually bought that OMG neways, im hoping to get the confirminaiton code and get the domain, since my website allready has a domain until 2009 i think ill use this for a site called forumize that currently has a Xisto sub domain (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) but anyways :lol: if this doesn't wwork....arghhh imma sue! joking!
anyone know how long the domain will last

lol watch it last 6 months

I read up on this offer on other sites, it looks like it takes up to 48 hours to get the promo code, and the domain will last a year. It does not count towards renewals or transfers though.

I still haven't gotten any information regarding the domain, just the confirmation of the order (song + coupon). So I guess I'll wait one more day, and if there's no news by then, tough cookies, I suppose.

I also saw one site saying that the purchase needs to be over a dollar...I hope that's not the case. The coupon says specifically "any purchase" from buy.com

I payed for my song download but I chose to download it later. I really hope my coupon comes in the email box soon. Lol. But its okay if I don't. I won't be happy but I also didn't spend lots of money. i'll be frentic tomorrow checking my email constantly. lol.

i am not going to take buy.com up on it's offer, but i wanted to check to see how the offer works. it seems to be an offer that is good after purchase of any item at buy.comwhat i also notice was a checkbox to recieve a free godaddy domain before you proceed to checkout. has everyone seen this and checked the box before checkout??? FREE Go Daddy Domain!Check here and click"Proceed To Checkout."Receive a free domain from GoDaddy.com worth up to $8.95 with the purchase of this item from Buy.com. Details on how to get your free domain will be emailed within 48 hours following purchase. This offer is not compatible with any Buy.com or GoDaddy.com coupons, special offers or Instant Rebates. i selected a .79 song and this was one of the messages that popped up below the shopping cart info.