xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CroSpartacus

World Cup 2006

For those that watch the World Cup who are you hoping to win?I am rooting for my Croatia and hope we pull off and upset against Brazil tomorrow.Other teams I hope that will get far are Germany - It's entertaining watching them play and I'm sure they will fix their defense for the next game.I also hope some of the smaller countries and the underdogs get far in the tournament

:rolleyes: I just changed my avatar to reflect the 'soccer season'Anyways, I'm rooting for Germany and/or Brazil... whoever makes it to the top. Brazil's just everyones favorite because they have won the FIFA World Cup more times than any other country and they have established for themselves the position of one of the best soccer teams ever!I was recently reading an article about the world cup, the writer referred to Ronaldhino as 'the best' striker (as opposed to the more politically correct 'one of the best'). This just shows how big a fanbase the Brazillian soccer team has.I used to like France, but after their disappointing performance in the FIFA World Cup 2002, I've just lost hope in them ;).GO GERMANY.. or if they fail GO BRAIL :lol:

I hope some other country except Brasil wins (all though I think this will be impossible since they have an all superstar team). Im tired of Brasil winning, lets give someone else a chance. Im not saying that Mexico will probably win, but at least I hope they reach semifinalsfor once at least. I really like Italy, I guess I would like them to win the cup, but they are not playing like they used to. I hope Argentina or Germany wins. I like Australia too, though. They played really good versus Japan. So far, the World Cup has been awesome! What do you guys think?

Edited by FLaKes (see edit history)

I'm from Germany so I think you can guess, which team I want to win :rolleyes:I really liked the opening match, the match with the most goals so far.Btw. last World Cup, the final match was the first time Brazil and Germany had ever met in a World Cup, maybe they will meet again in finale... :lol:

There have been lots of upsets so far. Trinidad and Tobago managed to tie with Sweden, Ghana played fairly well with Italy, and Paraguay lost to England only an their own goal. I think any team has a chance to win this World Cup.

France - Switzerland game just finished with nil-nil draw. My own opinion, France were terrible, but then the reason is obvious, if you are going to play mostly the same team that won in 1998, that are tired old men now, what else would you expect to happen.Croatia up next! Getting nervous yet CroSpartacus? :rolleyes::lol:;)

Well I was nervous when the game started. Even though we lost 0-1 I think we played well, Brazil only got a long-shot goal over us but from then on I think we did a good job controlling the game in the second half. The Croatian players did a good job pushing for the offense and only needed to capitalize on the chances they had of scoring. But a pretty good performance against the former champions brazil.

Can't wait for the match this evening Germany - Poland. I hope it will become such a 1:0 like match we often saw the last days...

Oooh man! I am so sick of the WC 2006 Haahha every were I got: ORANGE!! ORANGE! Orange flags, orange faces, orange balloons, even orange chocolate!!!Okay for those who dont understand, I come from Holland and thats the color of dutch team!First of all, I am NOT for Holland, I hope they lose first next game they get in to! Brazilll or France Are the wons I would yelling for .....................if...............ike soccer :rolleyes:BRASILLL LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LAAAAdamnn excuse me for my english in my previous post hahaah

I hope Germany could make it for the 4th time . If the quotation " our land , our cup " is true , then you go Germany . But I think it's also very difficult especially this tournment .All I can say le'ts wait and see and definitely the best will win .Regards,Mohammed

I think the end will be Italy VS Spain. Italy is one of the greats too, but the past two world cups they did not make a good showing. However they have a very good squad this year and their first game against Ghana shows that. I think Spain also found its Cup to shine in. It's been hiding for so long in international tournaments. Germany, Brazil, Argentina and France are good contenders as well.

i guess that Brazill and Italy will meet in the final.it said that Italy is the most powerful in World Cup history...certainlly,lots of famous players is filled with Brazill now,so the eventul result is hard to think out.