xisto Community
heavensounds

Why Am I Born Here? Reasons for not being born somewhere else

Well this is a tough question for me! Why am I born here with everything that i need and the only problem I have is not being happy with what i have...Than we have Africa and MANY MANY places around the world, where kids are not happy but they were born there just as we are born here! IS THAT A COINCIDENCE?? I don't think so...it can't be - because everything in nature works completely perfect - only this would be unfair? NOT POSSIBLE IMO...So, i belive, that we are born where we have to be because of our previous actions in our past lives...yes this has something to do with REINCARNATION and DESTINY! It acctually is the sole essence of it!It is often understood wrong what DESTINY or KARMA is! It is not just something that hits us and we can't do anything about it - it is the result of our previous (good or bad) actions! DO GOOD AND GOOD WILL COME TO YOU! For example Hitler is going made so much bad karma that after he is in one of the hell places where there is suffer without single doubt...So I am born here, beacuse this is the most appropriate place for me considering all my previous actions. The one and only explanation that makes sense to me and is completely fair!WHAT DO YOU THINK?

If it's based on previous actions, then the questions come up: What were my previous actions? Were they bad actions? Were they good actions? If they were bad, is that why i am here today, to start anew? If they were good, why am i still here; aren't i supposed to be in a better place? But, most importantly: Why don't i remember these previous actions?I think: we are born once, and die, then get judged. Surely, it may be possible your theory (which isn't new). But, i have too many unanswered questions to believe such. If i were to have blind faith in this theory, there will always be these questions at the back of my head, unanswered.What if i was addressed by someone with these very same questions, like i'm doing to you now? I wouldn't be able to answer that person, cause i'm ignorant in this field. So, how would i be able to prove my case? Well, i can't. This is just one reason on why i believe that we only get one life, unless God planned there for me to have another. But, if that were the case, i'd like to know such a plan beforehand.

Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

Well in order for it to work that way, I think we should divide us into two parts: soul and body. Where "soul" would be us, and body would just be like the automobile in which we move around earth.So, by what you are saying, you mean that on a past body a soul that did good with that body would be born in a better place than the place that a soul with bad actions did. It sounds fair I guess.Im all confused now!Im thinking about the posts and my beliefs over and over. Im trying to figure out what life is, and I think it could be the opportunity to use a body, and do with it whatever you want, either good or bad, knowing that you would be resposible for your actions, and what goes around comes around..... Like doing good will surround you with positive things, thus enabling you to be more likely to receive good, but what about accidents and when bad things happen to good people?And what about that reincarnation thing? is it like in video games where you die and you have another life (opportunity to control another, say mario for example) to accomplish your purpose or goal. Kind of like in the Matrix, where it took Neo (soul) 7 bodies to accomplish his purpose, and he couldnt remember anything from his first bodies.

I always thought of reincarnation backwards then your version. Instead of being reborn in a nice place for being good, nature would put you in a worse situation because you have the ability to deal with it. Sortof a grading system to find out where you will lay in the ultimate resting place. If you fail, you are reborn in easier circumstances, say another chance, to teach your soul right from wrong. While if you pass and live a rightfull life, you advance to the next stage, live in a poverty filled area with many diseases and no luxary, and if you stay true to rightousness, you get in to heaven.Or our souls could just go extinct after we die. Our body dies, so how hard is it really to believe there is nothing beyond. It ends, no rest, no trouble, just nothing out there. It's really comforting to thing that, and makes you want to get up from your butt and do something you will be remembered for, because just maybe, thats the last thing left of you after you die and get decomposed or incinerated.

This subject really touches upon some religious aspects that I can't really explain in a short post, and this will not be long. Although I have mixed feelings about reincarnation, it's kind of hard to believe. Then again, sometimes I get mixed up with the Bible and if it is all true or just a book written to fool future generations. So with that, I can't really take a stance on this. I see the topic opener and am enlightened with yet another thought on the process of us and our souls. But all we can really do is continue to ponder, or believe, the thoughts and beliefs that are presented to us.

You start off saying that there must be a system of checks and balances, how can it be that everything is fair yet unfair circumstances and others are unfair to others. But you ignore the prospect of religion, a perfect system of checks and balances in that regard. Any good you do, will come back to reward you in the hereafter, and overall the bad you do will come with punishment. You also ignore the fact that evolution wouldnt even have an allowance for a system ofchecks and balances.

I think that re-incarnation will sorta be in a different situation from the last time a living thing might be in.For example, someone that may have struggled through life may get re-born in a nice place, clean house and so on. The reverse could happen for those that may have started out in a nice place, yet reborn in a bad place by nature, because the 'nature gods' think they may be able to deal with it. Like the previous posters said, I tend to agree in some ways with the grading system that was mentioned.Personally, I dont really know.. and who knows, after a person may die, well they may just get laid to rest, and go into a long sleep. Maybe there isnt something after death?

I cant even think about telling a dieing african boy that the reason he lives somewhere without food and water, thats running rampent with disease, and is a warzone is because in a previous life he did something bad. Seriously now, we cant claim that since we have luxarys and were not happy is because nature is perfect and we did good things in past lives, its because our parents had a bit too much to drink and Barry White was stirrin up trouble. We are spoiled shtlss thats why we are happy with what we have and want more.Im sorry, im all for thinking outside the box, but those dieing kids on TV in no way deserve that life (or lack there of) and thats kinda what your saying.-Society-

I try to think of it as, you are put where you are and given your life situations for a reason. Nothing to do with a past life but what you can do now. Your soul, or whatever, has been specially equipped to deal with the life you have now and you were sent where you are to make an impact (hopefully positive!) on the people around you in this life.

We are where we are because of what others did. Everything in history ties in with what today's life is now. Even the smallest things have a great deal in what today is. From the time microgranisms started to evolve on this planet, to us leaving it [momentarily] it all has to do with past actions. I really just think its a coincidence. Everything is just coincidental, and when people think its fate, its because they have just barely realized the coincidences in their lives. For example, you hear a word and what it means, suddenly you keep hearing that word, its not because fate has brought you to that word, its because you have just learned it, so it stands out. You don't choose what you do, you have some control, but really where you are, what you do, and what you look like, all have to do with other people's decisions.

Ok, this is something that just baffles me. I realize everyone has their own ideas on things but that is where we go wrong. Our stinking thinking gets in the way of logic. Logic is not always the answer either, but there is one sure thing, and that is the word of God.We need to open up the word of God (Bible) and you will find why you were born, not just why you were born, werever you were born, but why you were born in general. It does not matter where you were born. Read Genesis (the first book of the Bible). God created man for fellowship, and the life you live determines where you will go at the end of your life on this earth. (Life is Preparation for Eternity). The Bible says in Hebrews 9:27 "It is appointed unto man once to die, and then the judgement". We die and then the judgement (no reincarnation). That is why it is so important that we live our lives according to the word of God because once you die, it's over as far as getting a second chance. God gives us so many opportunities to live our lives for him and we just go about our way ignoring him. He did not just put us here and say "ok, live your life any way you choose. Go to college, get a great job, nice car, etc., etc. He created us to have fellowship (relationship with him) but we messed that up and that is why people are not happy with what they have, because they have left their creator out of the picture.It was said that "We are born where we have to be because of our previous actions in our past lives". What past lives? This life will be our past life after we die and then we will either go to "Heaven" or "Hell". There is only one past life, the life that is now. When this life ends for anyone, that is it. You will not come back as a cow, tomato, cat, dog, take your pick, it is nonsense. We need to wake up and stop trying to rationalize our lives. God is the giver of life and we need to turn our lives over to him so he can open our minds to the truth. Stop walking around in your own way of thinking. God says "Our ways are not his ways, and our thoughts are not his thoughts (Isaiah 55:8).Give your life to Jesus. He is the WAY, the TRUTH. and the LIFE. There is where happiness is found :) In His Love,D. Benitez

Why I am born here ? Very difficult question to answer. I saw previous views on this debate we come here because of previous action. I am not fully agree with them because there is not any such proves in our society. There are many saying Heaven for good work and Hell for bad work but where are heaven and hell, I think anyone don't know about heaven & hell just they read some stories from religious book. I think every person's life is like clock. Happy, sad comes alternatively in life.I born here, it has not special reason why I am born here. I think its natural event, people's desire (many peoples abort their babies). definitely to do something new than previous people do.

I believe the universe collapses in on itself then explodes/folds out into a new creation, maybe even along a dimensional membrane (Hence my idea behind "Inverse_Bloom"). In that way i think we will be recreated in other forms of matter, in newly formed universe's or even dimensions. Regarding post 1, a good part of our personal unhappiness is based on the "expectations" we place on ourselves and expectations "of" and "from" the world. One of the goals of meditation is to properly bring an individuals focus inwards to decouple themselves away from that state of mind and to shift focus towards a more natural state of contentment (not necessarily bliss). After saying this, i have much the same problems as you do, although i do practice meditation and realize it is a developing skill.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

if your thinking like reincarnation, i disagree ( im not here to argue ) . You are here because the odds of being here today are GREATER than other points in history6,666,724,984 People is more than5,000,000,232 ( which wasnt THAT long ago if you go back to prehistoric stuff, then the odds get lower.