xisto Community
heavensounds

What Is God? simple question, hard to answer

Yeah this is the only thing I'd like to know! Is he a big old man with a beard somewhere above us (interstingly what is UP on one side of the earth is DOWN on the other side of it - so where is God then if we point up there?)??? Is he inside of us? Are we all a part of god? Is God present in everything that surrounds us?Isn't it interesting that GOD is very close to GOOD? Maybe it is a metaphore for being and doing GOOD things?? That is something we have inside of us - every normal human being has this feeling for what is good and bad and is tryin' to follow the good..if we don't do good things we feel bad - is that a coincidence? Or is maybe that the GOD "GOOD" that is inside of everyone of us?Please write down WHAT IS GOD IN YOUR OPINION?? PLAIN AND SIMPLE..

God is pure Spirit. He's unbegotten. But to tell you the truth, He's over 99 good things. If i were to take the time to write down everything He is, it would take me a long while, and even then i might have not written everything that He is. Maybe someone else can write all 99+ down :rolleyes:.

Eventhough we say "He", He's not male nor female, at least that's what i heard. Though, it makes sense since He's pure Spirit. The three main attributes that are Him are: Omnipresent, Omnipotent, and Omniscient. These three attributes no one else can have without God giving it to them.

But, this is just my short opinion based on facts.

God is the product of the human mind and IMHO does not exist. What we understand as God was initialy the byproduct of the fear of death inhibiting us all and what comes afterwards. Of course over time it has massively evolved and is now a convenient way for poeple to avoid dealing with questions they can't answer.Most poeple believe in whatever form of religion has been thought to them and they are willing to completely ignore reason when it comes to their faith everybody thinks he's right and when poeple think they're right it usually ends in war; always has and always will for as long as God is more than merely a relic of the past.

God [...] does not exist.

God exists, i bare witness to it. Anyone who truly believes, God makes Himself known to them. It's not blind faith. Many have their own stories on how God has made Himself known to them. I, too, have my own. Anyone who doesn't believe, God may not make Himself known. Sometimes, He does make Himself known to "non-believers". Just, many don't notice it. It's how God works. Those that know God, know this. Those who have eyes to read, let them read.

The term God is used to designate a Supreme Being; however, there are other definitions of God. For example: *Many religious and philosophic systems consider a God to be the creator of the universe. *Some traditions hold that the creator of the universe is also the sustainer of the universe (as in theism), while others argue that their God is no longer involved in the world after creation (as in deism).*The common definition of a God assumes omnipotence, omniscience and benevolence. ...en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God

God is the creator of the universe , God isn't surely not an old man, he isn't human, he is everything, and anything. Where he is? He isn't in the sky nor in heaven, he is everywhere and anywhere. He comes to the skies of the earth once a year. He is immortal, and has great powers. He say to something be, and this something obeys. He can do whatever he wants and know everything even when a certain person will die.

well,it is hard to believe something that you have not seen before.but suprisingly,when you are in need,and when you pray,things just works out fine.<br>i believe that god is the creater of all.thanys about it:D

Everything is God, if most people's definition is to be believed. God is, depending on who you ask, a 'supreme being' a 'higher power' or a 'higher form'. Man is a 'higher form' than an ape, therefore to the ape man is God. Also, God, being the Creator of man, made man in His image. God breathed life into man, so man has a part of God within. The Bible says He gave us power to become the sons of God. Jesus is the son of God - yet Jesus IS God if you follow that theology. Therefore, we are ALL God.

God is a fictional character invented by man to fill a gap in their life. Without god, people had no direction and were to primitive to think. After such a long time, people seem to think they see god in everyday life. They attribute coincidence or irregularities in their life as the work of god. Why is this? because there are still people out there who NEED to have something that is greater than them. This is a sign of a weak spirit and a weak mind. These weak people need someone to tell them how to live their lives and to tell them what is right and what is wrong. God does not exist.

This is a sign of a weak spirit and a weak mind.

Questions: Where did the spirit come from? Where did the mind come from?

Questions: Where did the spirit come from? Where did the mind come from?

Spirit and mind and the result of the complexity of the neural network of a human brain.
Question for you: How did God come to be? Where did God come from? And an answer like: "God has always been and will always be" is clearly not an answer, it is avoiding the question for lack of an answer.

I totally agree with no9t9. Maybe God isn't quite dead (as Friederich Nietzsche proclaimed) but in the end he will be remembered for what he is: The product of human imagination and unknowledgeability.Just like the Egyptian, Mayan, Roman, etc. ods and godesses before him.
Edited by Blacklaser (see edit history)

Spirit and mind and the result of the complexity of the neural network of a human brain.Question for you: where did God come from?

The spirit and the mind are two separate things. But, before i answer your question, i'ma ask you a question: Where did the human brain come from?

Now, to answer your question. Although my answer is incomprehensible to you. God is uncreated, He did not come from anywhere, but rather He is everywhere.
Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

The human brain evolved over millions of years.Your answer doesn't make sense and there is a difference between being incomprehensible and not making any sense.Based on the evidence each of us personally has seen and experienced we either chose to believe or not too. I chose not too, but even if I did believe in God, somebody who creates something as wicked as mankind is not somebod y I would be proud to pray too...And to finish this off, a little Douglas Adams quote: "I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves that You exist, and so therefore, by Your own arguments, You don't. Q.E.D." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

The human brain evolved over millions of years.

This "answer" does not answer my question: Where did the human brain come from?

All it does is make me ask the very same question, again. If you will be so willing, please try to answer it.

[hr=noshade]

Now, in response to the rest of your post:

It doesn't make sense only to those who don't know how to perceive it. Most people compare and contrast things with themselves. In some cases, this would create confusion. Such is this case.

God created all that is good. Man, unfortunately, brought pain and suffering upon themselves and to things around them. Where there is freewill, there is the possibility of wickedness.

As far as proof goes: i believe because of proof. This Douglas Adams person failed to take every aspect of faith and proof. For example, all evidence that refuted Darwin's theory of evolution is proof that increases faith in believers of God. Also, the fact that the linen cloth that was wrapped around Christ Jesus's body still exists to this day, and no one has yet to make a copy of it - is just more proof. Personal experiences are also known as proof.

If you look back in time, you'll realise that Darwin had no proof for several of his theories. He debated with many because of his faith in his "discoveries". Many other "discoveries" were forgeries (e.g. "Piltdown man"). In this day and age, all who continue to believe in Darwin's theory of evolution is based on faith, not proof.

I'd like you to do some research on a couple of things: Cambrian Explosion, and living fossils.

I'll leave you with these quotes:

"Evolution is unproved and unprovable. We believe it only because the only alternative is special creation ? which is unthinkable." - Sir Authur Keith, famous British evolutionist

"When students of other sciences ask us what is now currently believed about the origin of species, we have no clear answer to give. Faith has given place to agnosticism. Meanwhile, though our faith in evolution stands unshaken, we have no acceptable account of the origin of species." - William Bateson, famous geneticist of Cambridge

"A bacterium is far more complex than any inanimate system known to man. There is not a laboratory in the world which can compete with the biochemical activity of the smallest living organism. One cell is more complicated than the largest computer that man has ever made." - Sir James Gray, Cambridge University

[/hr]

God is the belief of one person. As you may see there is no one Religon theree aree many, resulting in Many Gods. God is your own what you think. I would have a whole other reply if we were to talk about "the" god that we go to church to worship.

The human brain evolved over millions of years.

Surprised you said that because Adam and Eve were moree advanced than cavemen and cavemen were supposiedly the first of their Sons, and daughters... so, aree we downgrading so, much of that we are upgrading, kind of like when you give soda, or candy to a child that has ADHD, theey'll calm down after an overload of energy...

The spirit and the mind are two separate things. But, before i answer your question, i'ma ask you a question: Where did the human brain come from?

The mind and spirit are the ying and the yang correct? So, if thee lord balances those would he not of reached Nirvana and have become buddha?

The human brain comes from beliefs and thoughts. Thus we are createing the human brain in our discussion.

I'd say god came from our own thoughts...

Edited by PierceandRichard (see edit history)