xisto Community
BOAW

Trap17 Question

how is Xisto able to give all of these users free webspace? thats alot of webspace givin to alot of these users heh. Is it unilimited? or is possible that they may not be allowed to give anymore do to the limit of space they can give. im totally unsure of how the system works. Does Xisto even have their own free webspace? lol someone please explain this for me, thanks.

im sure that OpaQue is the only one who can fully answer the question for you... but what i think it is is that with the (i think) 3 different sites that he charges people for webhosting, the one website that there are ads (Xisto.net) and the ads on these forums, i am sure that brings in enough money to buy more servers to continue giving Free, and Paid hosting....

While I was an admin, I talked to OpaQue about a lot of different stuff like this. He told me that a large part of the site's upkeep comes from the ads, and then any profit made goes back to the site when there's a shortage of people following the ads.So basically, the server maintains itself with the advertisements, and sometimes OpaQue has to pay from his own pocket.He's also customized the site to be one of the highest ranking websites on google (and other search engines), so a lot of traffic comes from those. I myself have found Xisto as the top result in a lot of my searches. :rolleyes:

I would say the adds on these forums and the paid hosting packages more than pay for free hosting space required. This concept is also good PR and promotion to graduate to paid hosting, etc.

Thats all it takes is good advertisement and SEO work to make a good site and in the case of forums alot of oringal posts with mayne responses. But in terms of webiste themselves, content and straight SEO especailly for free webhosting.