xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
husker

Removing Warts Methods is freezing the best way?

Warts seem to run in my family. I just had one froze on my foot today. I have had many on my hand too. It's not really that they hurt, but just knowing they are there make you uncomfortable. Do any of you guys have warts? Is freezing the best way to get them off? Freezing isn't that paniful, but is there an easier way. I heard something about putting duct tape on them.

Well there is an old wives tale that I've heard that says: "If you rub a nickel on the wart and throw it over your shoulder and never look back. It will get rid of it." A friend of mine claims it works, but I have not witnessed it or tried it.I have also heard the duck tape one as well. I think your suppose to leave it on for a week or something and it should work. This I have also never tried or witnessed.

I would think duct tape would only remove some of it, and then youd be left with part of it, and it will grow back. Im guessing freezing, is probably just the best solution. I don't have warts, so i dont really know, one of my sisters has them majorly, but she wont do much about them.

I would think duct tape would only remove some of it, and then youd be left with part of it, and it will grow back. Im guessing freezing, is probably just the best solution. I don't have warts, so i dont really know, one of my sisters has them majorly, but she wont do much about them.

eww thats pretty gross -.-

i had one on my hand not to long ago, i couldnt afford to get it frozen or anything so i just cut it off and dug it out, seemed to work fine as it hasnt come back since :rolleyes:

The part about rubbing a nickle on it might not work, but "not looking back" part will. Putting duct tape on them for a week is probably part of the same principle. It's all about not thinking about it. I know it seems weird, I had one on my thumb when I was probably 6 years old, and then my sister had one on her foot when she was a teenager. My dad would put a band-aid over them and say some kind of rhyme or something. He made us promise not to think about it once the band-aid was put on. we thought he was joking, but we played along. For whatever reason, it worked. Not thinking about it or looking at it worked better than that smelly Compound W stuff. That would only get rid of them temporarily.

Freezing the wart with off with some liquid nitrogen is the best solution I think. It will never grow back. Just schedule an appoitment with a doctor, or you can get the Dr. Scholls freeze away from Walgreens or some other store.

Well I can't say that I think cutting or digging it out is a good idea as it can leave scars. Nor do i know about the nickle thing but sounds too old wive's talish to me.

I do know that you can get rid of them when they first start to appear my putting Dandelion milk (the white sap in dandelion flower stalks) on them. Worked perfectly for me. Put the dandelion milk on when I first saw one and the next day it was gone. As for when they are full-blown, I have no simple cures. The only time I had them somthing bad, my mum got a cream from the Chemist (Drug Store) that made them fall off... Good luck and I hope you find a solution!

You guys have some weird ideas, but I think I'll just stick with freezing. You all are very superstitious. I find it hard to believe that nickel thing, and singing sounds too weird. I might have to try duct tape on of these days. I'll let you know if I do. The freezing kit seems to be the cheapest and easiest way. Thanks a lot guys (and girls)!

Edited by husker (see edit history)

I pick at my warts. Once my friends convince me to cut it off. I kind of did cut the top off, and it was pretty painful. But it still grew back and now I have a wart on my shin and a wart on my finger.

Warts are transferred through contact, so it?s probably why you got that wart on your finger, if you don?t completely get rid of the wart, it?ll just grow back. I had two warts 3 years ago, one of them I tried to apply this weird patch thing that didn?t work, and yes, I finally got it frozen off, which seems to be the best method, hasn?t been back since.

Well I can't say that I think cutting or digging it out is a good idea as it can leave scars. Nor do i know about the nickle thing but sounds too old wive's talish to me.

I do know that you can get rid of them when they first start to appear my putting Dandelion milk (the white sap in dandelion flower stalks) on them. Worked perfectly for me. Put the dandelion milk on when I first saw one and the next day it was gone. As for when they are full-blown, I have no simple cures. The only time I had them somthing bad, my mum got a cream from the Chemist (Drug Store) that made them fall off... Good luck and I hope you find a solution!

I've read about the Dandelion sap in a herbal medicine book for curing warts. However, I'm noticing the most common practice is cutting them off which can cause scaring and is most likely just as painful as the freeze cure. :rolleyes:

I am a doctor saying riddles and rhymes may not work literally but once you remove a wart it grows back and if you don't do anything about it more may grow what would possibly work is removing the whole skin that the wart is located at

-reply by donna jane