xisto Community
Janissary

Weird Ps2 Disc Reading Problem Works only at 1st time...

I dont have a problem with my PS2...

Anyway, I have this game; SW Revenge of Sith. I played it much and one day it simply stop working, no read! Surface of disk was clean, so I blamed the sound system (my box were standing near the buffer).

Now Im keeping my games away from magnetic fields :)

A few days ago, I put the game and it worked ! I played a little. I was so happy... Later I called my brother to show him, but when put the game again, no read!

I figured out now. That game disc only works when the machine is cold/fresh/just opened. Weird, aint it?

By the way, not all levels are working

magnetic fields have nothing to do with ruining your ps2, I had my ps2 hook up to a nice sound sytem and it has been working fine for a good 5 years.Also "cold/fresh/just open" is false to as long as you keep the system clean and not have it roasting in 100 degree weather then it will be fine. Of course if you modded the ps2 or have bootleg versions of games then its your fault that the system is not working properly.

cause that game SUCKS

Notice from KuBi:
This kind of behavior is not tolerated. If you have something to say please put it in a more "mature" manner, if capable. Thank you. Warning issued, post left for reference.

it might not have anything to do with it. But it is possible becuase i know someone that this happened to aswell. But with a different system. They had it close to a magnetic force and then it wouldn't work. Sounds pretty strange but not impossible for it to happen.

Omg man... you shouldn't post that... and the game is really nice to play if you tried it.. and btw..about this topic... when u are playing the game... is there any sounds on the ps2 i mean strange sounds not on the speaker.. on the Ps2 console itself the place where the cd is reading.. i hope you understand lol... if so u shudn;'t play it anymore and change/buy the Cd again... cause it could damage your ps2...it did damage my ps2 once ;_;

magnetic fields have nothing to do with ruining your ps2, I had my ps2 hook up to a nice sound sytem and it has been working fine for a good 5 years.

As i wrote before there is nothing wrong with my PS2, the disc/dvd-rom/game isnt working.
And, if you buy a empty cd, you will notice warnings; keep away from heat/magnets etc...

------
You are right Ashy, a damaged disc can damage the machine.

-------
I found it funny that game only works when you just opened the PS2.
In 2nd try, I can only see loading screen.
In 3rd try, no read.

-------------
About game play, you should grab a 2nd controller and duel against your friends. Fight moves are great :)

It would certainly appear that the disk is to blame although you say the disk is fine, you could try it in another PS2 (a friends or something) and if the problem occurs there it is the disk. It could just be that the PS2 is getting a little old. My PS2 had a similar problem where it would tale ages to load then it stopped loading altogether (actually my PS2 would work the other way it would not load first time but then be fine after it had been running for a while), I had to get a new one. Anyway if the disk is causing the PS2 to malfunction it is best you do not use this disk. The causes are numerous for something like this it could be as simple as the lens needs cleaning, duct in the PS2, it could be more extreme PS2's do have a history of Disk read errors, it may be time for a new one.

Edited by dontmaimyourself (see edit history)

im%20having%20the%20same%20problem%20only%20with%20all%20the%20games!%20help%20me%20out

Weird Ps2 Disc Reading Problem

Ok so this is how it started. It was at 2:45 Am on Christmas this morning and I just got the Playstation 2 and the 3 brand new games but the games wont read - it just takes me to the main menu. I've tried everything on sony.Com and it still won't work. I asked my friends the said they didn't know but it is 7:00 pm on the same day and it still won't work and if I cant get it fixed then my dads taking it back first thing in the morning so I need to hurry. I tried entering from the browser all it says is no data found and I did the diagnosis steps and it still wont work can someone tell me what to do? Should I let my dad take it back to the store tomorrow or will someone tell me how to get this to work?

Contact me at my e-mail wrestlingrules1@yahoo.Com thank you :] my name is justin

-justin

i have heard of alot of people getting read erros during there gameplay or as the disc attempts to load a sugestion is to buy a usb mounted fan that clips into the usb port on your ps2 inturn it cools it down so if the problem really lies with the console being to hot this should inturn minamise the problem if not intotal remove iti no that the usb mounted fans work with the slim lines but im not sure about the old ps2 so you would have to check it out they sell alot of them on ebay

tell me do you get a read error of please insert playstation format disc ?if this is your problem then by the sounds of it you have an allternat formated playstation you see when people get the read error pleas insert....... they often misplace it for an actuall disc that formats the console but thats not what the console is asking for it is actually asking for a disc that is formated to the same format as the console eguk format is pal so if i put a usa disc in it wouldent work and it would give me that error becuase the usas format is something like nsctim not sure at all if this will help but if this is your problem then you have popsed formats

I gave up playing that game months ago. By the way, another problem occured :)I need to put some weight on DVD driver or games wont work. I think it doesnt close tightly, probably becasue of old age.Thx for replies.

New System/ Old Problem

Weird Ps2 Disc Reading Problem

I purchased a PS2 2 months ago. Until a week ago, it was working fine. It wasn't dropped or anything. It will start reading the disc...And you can hear it spinning. It will read the disc for about 20 seconds. Then, it will slow down and stop reading but the disc will continue to spin. I press "reset" and it will go to the browser thing. After pressing "reset" a few times, this starts all over again and will work for a few seconds. I've tried several discs, cleaned the lens, held the lid tights, everything but take it back to Curcuit City.

If anyone can help please do. I have 8 new games and nothing to play them on. Thanks!

-question by Solitaire