xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
adriantc

Rewriting History ...Yorktown --- the greatest battle in history??...

A few days ago i was looking on Amazon.com to buy a book where I could find the greatest battles of history. And as I searched I came across The Battle 100: The Stories Behind History's Most Influential Battles .As you could realise from the name the book has 100 greatest battles of history, in the order of their importance. Nothing unsual until I read which is the first. And surprise, surprise, it's the battle of Yorktown 1781. The first sentence of the book: The Battle of Yorktown was the climax of the American Revolution and directly led to the independence of the United States of America. Yeah well it is an important battle, but no were near as important as others (like Stalingrad, Waterloo, Hastings, Thermopylae, Gaugamela, etc).
Some americans may fell ofended by my opinion, but the USA has just over 300 years of history. You can't possibly compare the history of the USA with that of Greece, Italy (Roman Empire) or Egypt which have over 2000 years of history.
This guy profaned 2500 years of history. And I thought rewriting history was the job of the communists?!?

Edited by adriantc (see edit history)