xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
scab_dog

Cable Input In Monitor. What are these?

On the back of my monitor there is a second input selection. It has R G B HD VD on it. What is it? Can my xbox or any other devices be connected to it?

I have a Dell 2005FPW (20.1" widescreen) and I can plugin all kinds of Video devices. So I'm assuming you have something similar. To connect your XboX you should have something like this on your monitor:

Posted Image

If you have that, then you can plugin your XboX. If this is not what you are talking about, please upload an image so that people can see what ports you are talking about. :rolleyes:

Presumably they are for a high definition input, such as that from an XBox 360 console. The letters R, G and B refer to the primary colours of light (red, green and blue). HD probably means High Definition.Everything should be colour coded, so if you have a non-HD old XBox then you should have 3 plugs: red, white and yellow. Red and white are right and left audio and yellow is the composite video. Plug them into the corresponding coloured ports on the monitor.If you have a high definition XBox 360, then you will have 6 cables. A red, green and blue for the corresponding light colours. Red and white for audio and a yellow composite video, which is not needed for hi-def. Plug these into the corresponding ports on your monitor and it should work.

It is not colour coded, there are just five holes, and the RCA (the yellow, red, and white cables) cables dont fit into them. So yeah, i searched everywhere on the net, i found similar threads to this one, buy with no reply. I thought Xisto people are smart so i made a topic here.

:confused: Why don't you try to take a photo of what you are talking about or make a simple diagram in paint or something like that.. the reason why we aren't able to give you a proper solution is because we are unable to comprehend the problem/situation visually.

I thought Xisto people are smart

Sorry, maybe we're not as smart as you think :lol::rolleyes:

Here is an image, it took me a lot of effort to untwist my webcam, and take a picture. I used a torch to lit it up. I couldnt find my camera :rolleyes:

Posted Image