xisto Community
gaea

Topic Subscription Suggestions

I don't know about other people, but when i choose to subscribe to a topic I always choose the same exact method of notification (in my case, none at all). It'd be rather nice to have an option to set a predefined choice in order to cut down on all the needless repitition. Certainly not a huge problem, but it'd be nice. It'd also be nice if the topics you subscribed to were listed on the mainpage of the control panel. It already lists recently viewed posts (which is kinda pointless in my humble opinion), so why not add that as well? Thankyou for your concideration.

Edited by gaea (see edit history)

hmmm that seems to be a nice idea actually according to me too it seems pointless having recently viewed topics in control panel..Better have subscribed topic over there. Will also save sites bandwidth..

I don't know about other people, but when i choose to subscribe to a topic I always choose the same exact method of notification (in my case, none at all). It'd be rather nice to have an option to set a predefined choice in order to cut down on all the needless repitition. Certainly not a huge problem, but it'd be nice.

This can be accomplished by going to your Control Panel. In Options (lower left) choose Email Settings. The last item on this page is Enable Email. Uncheck it and set the email preference to what you want. Unchecking it will keep you from being subscribed to things automatically.

Can't help on the other one.

I could have sworn I looked in that section.

:rolleyes: So had I when I asked the same question. Albus Dumbledore put me straight, so I cannot take all the credit for knowing what to do. :lol: I just passed on the information. Edited by Mich (see edit history)