xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FirefoxRocks

Folding At Home F@H

Does anyone here use Folding@Home? It is a distributed computing program used to investigate certain work units in sciences (also known as "experiments"). It is researching mostly for cures of diseases and stuff around the medical field.If you use it, how many WU's do you produce in 1 week? What team did you join? How many points do you have? Do you do DGROMACS, GROMACS, GROMACS33, GBGROMACS or TINKER projects most?Just wondering. If you use SETI@HOME, I don't use that because it raises the CPU core temperature by about 40 :rolleyes: .I have completed about 21 WU's, my team is SpreadFirefox, I do Tinker cores more often and I produce about 2-3 WU's per week. I have 1 computer doing the "folding".

Edited by FirefoxRocks (see edit history)

yeah i used it for about 2 months but it was okay but i didnt really like it becasue you dont get anything back liek points and thigns that u can use, you only get a rating and that always sucks, so i deleted it ive treid loads of other distrubuted computing things but they are all the same if there was one with a rewards system, then i porobally be more inclined to participate but any who its pretty good but if you got hte the bbc site you cna tke part in there thing which finds out about climate change over hundres of years

The reward for Folding @ Home is that in the future, you may discover something that can cure certain types of cancer or diseases. In the future, people's protein folding might be helpful to you.Rewards systems wouldn't be happening any time soon because it wost cost a lot of money.Personally I use Folding @ Home to help scientists and to help spread Firefox.