xisto Community
BooZker

Ojproductions.trap17 To Ojproductions.net Can i do it with a free account?

Well i was wondering if i could use my domain name i paid for a while back that i used on my old site. I know some website hosts make it so you have to have a paid account to use it and not to forward it. Right now i am just forwarding the ojproductions.net domain to my ojproductions.trap17.com account. Is there a way however i can make the free account use that name? Like so like the home page would be ojproductions.net/home.html instead of ojproductions.trap17.com/home.html? If not cool, but if so how? Or is there a way to mask the original URL so it says ojproductions.net all the time on the site?

if i am understanding what you are saying, is that you still want your .trap17.com domain to be directed to your .net domain name so you dont loose visitors?

if so, i do not believe that Xisto will do that.. if you were to go to https://support.xisto.com/ and change your domain name there and it will just change it basiclyy eliminating your .trap17.com domain name...

if i am understanding what you are saying, is that you still want your .trap17.com domain to be directed to your .net domain name so you dont loose visitors?
if so, i do not believe that Xisto will do that.. if you were to go to https://support.xisto.com/ and change your domain name there and it will just change it basiclyy eliminating your .trap17.com domain name...

Ok well what i want is...

To get rid of the ".trap17" on my URL. I have a domain name already. Can i use it free on trap 17 or pay to use the domain name? I just dont wanna lose 15 credits.
Edited by BooZker (see edit history)

well, from what BuffaloHELP has told me, is you can park the domain with the parking domain name tool in your controll panel, but NO you cannot just pay them, you would need to loose 15 credits if you want to use that domain name the reason behind this is because it is a completley free host!

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

You mean a parked domain name as in it just forwards the domain name? Wont the .trap17 appear after they type in ojproductions.net? Like go there now. When you type ojproductions.net it then forwards it to ojproductions.trap17.com then the trap 17 url shows up. I dont want the trap 17 url to show. Can i do that?

When you park a domain, the domain URL will not show any other URL address but your parked domain to your hosting account. However, if your html coding is linked as A HREF="; then it will show. So correct your script/coding.

yeah thats definatly how its works, thanks dudes got some good info there as im looking to park a domian here at Xisto soon, so that has helped me greatly, but either way you are going to loose 15 credits but it should be worth it really, so anyway htanks boys because i need the info that you ahve provided but once again buffalo you have helped greatly and ncie job on that keep up the brilliant work on Xisto and i hope to park my domain soon, when you say change your coding i guess you mean

yourdomain.com/link and that is liek how it would work instead of

wateva.trap17.com/link yeah i guessing that this is right but thanks agian hope to hear back soon

Please do not spread incorrect information especially regarding Xisto hosting situation.You will only lose 15 credits WHEN you use the process page to CHANGE your hosting account associated domain/sub-domain name. When you park or add-on domain using cPanel control panel you WILL NOT lose 15 credits.Ask before you assume.Topic has been answered and now closed. If you are the topic starter and would like to add to this thread, please PM any moderator to request to be opened.