xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BEagle

Seeking Barebone System For Budget Price what and where to get it?

Im in need of some help here guys! Im running a very mediocre system at the moment which runs games like CoD2 and CS:S fine. But im in need of a completly new system. Is there any advice of where to shop on the internet for barebone systems (bare in mind im a student and on a student budget).

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Title modified.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

fry's or newegg has great deals on barebone systems that can function. the quality of the actual components is not always the best. tigerdirect too.

I hate to say it, but I would reccommend E-Bay. There is some very good deals going around there. (I saw a couple I-Macs going for a 1.75 in Buy-It-Now!). If not, you should actually build your own system. It often cuts off a lot of the price and you can create a 10x faster machine than what you can buy off the shelf.

Tigerdirect.com has really great barebone systems for a really reasonable price. They can even come with motherboard + processor, RAM, sometimes a hard drive, and even dvd drives. Sometimes all you need is a monitor. And all there stuff is really cheap. I would check them out if i was you. I have bought some stuff from then before. Very good place.

i dont think ebay for "barebones" isnt reliable. those people could have bought a barebone, and swapped in a worse motherboard or something, and then sold it for less.tigerdirect would still be my first choice.JC05, the definition of a barebone system is one that has the parts needed to "start up." That would include motherboard, processor, ram, and harddrive. they usually chip in a cd/dvd drive too.