xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Avalon

Sotw #40 Voting

Unfortunately we have 2 disqualifications in this SOTW. Both garbage and Edgecoc failed to keep the size of their sigs within the size restrictions. As a reminder, the size requirements were as follows:

width: between 300 and 350 pixels

height: between 100 and 150 pixels

garbage's sig is 380 x 120 pixels and Edgecoc's is 450 x 125 pixels. To keep the competition fair, everyone must follow the same design criteria. garbage and Edgecoc, please feel free to enter in the next SOTW.

itsmyard

http://gfxgamerz.fr.yuku.com/

Avalon

Posted Image

kylelnsn

Posted Image

Saint_Michael

Posted Image

Agentb

Posted Image

Please provide a reason for your vote and use the following voting format.

itsmyard [0]

Avalon [0]

kylelnsn [0]

Saint_Michael [0]

Agentb [0]

Edited by Avalon (see edit history)

My vote goes to Agentb. It's just stunning. Nice contrast and colors. Although, it looks like a photomanip, it's very nice.

itsmyard [0]

Avalon [0]

kylelnsn [0]

Saint_Michael [0]

Agentb [1]

itsmyard [0]Avalon [0]
kylelnsn [1]
Saint_Michael [0]
Agentb [1]

(did I get the voting format right? yes, I am too lazy to look it up in other SOTW contests and yes, it's my first vote in here)

I award my vote to kyle even though I'm not that much into manga gfx - but this person's eyes are somewhat amazing ... though I'd like to see it without the stars in the lower right corner, just about everything else in the picture is rounded and they somehow disturb me...

My current situation probably affects my vote as well but this is not the place to discuss it (EOD right after this sentence)

itsmyard gets my vote. The background, in my opinion, fits the requirements the best. Like how the color was adapted from the render.

itsmyard [1]

Avalon [0]

kylelnsn [1]

Saint_Michael [0]

Agentb [1]

lolz i actually got a vote this was my 1st vector...

lolz i actually got a vote this was my 1st vector...

My vote goes to avalon
vector looks smooth
nice colour blending

itsmyard [1]Avalon [1]
kylelnsn [1]
Saint_Michael [0]
Agentb [1]

Edited by itsmyard (see edit history)

One vote to Saint Michael.
Although it´s a confusing sig, I like it much more than the first three. The one from itsmyard has a good-looking background but I´m not sure that the figure fits. 2nd and 3rd are too simple. Agentb´s one is cool but maybe too much bright.

itsmyard [1]Avalon [1]
kylelnsn [1]
Saint_Michael [1]
Agentb [1]

Edited by Sprnknwn (see edit history)

only 5 entries but all are excellent...
my vote goes to kylelnsn.the render used looks quite different and the shape brush with a little blood feeling off the bat.if there is a border around sig,it may be better.besides his,Agentb looks also very nice,left us a unique abstract impression.Avolon's looks clear and nice but not special than before.SM's one is very professional but too abstract which confused me to give a comment :rolleyes: .well,nice work all.

itsmyard [1]Avalon [1]
kylelnsn [2]
Saint_Michael [1]
Agentb [1]

well it sux donkey balls that i was disqualified but either way here is my votevote goes to itsmyarditsmyard [2]Avalon [1]kylelnsn [2]Saint_Michael [1]Agentb [1]

Yeah I know garbage, but if we don't stick to the rules the whole thing will get out of hand. I didn't realise the sigs were too big until I looked at the properties to get the links for the voting thread. Had I noticed it earlier, I might have been able to ask for them to be resized.

Eh my vote was either going to be for Saint_Michael or Agentb, how to think which looked better and prob was harder to make, so i came to the conclusion after a drooling hard choice of 5 LONG mins to pick Agentbitsmyard [2]Avalon [1]kylelnsn [2]Saint_Michael [1]Agentb [2]

My vote goes to Agentb. This SOTW was for free style. And I felt that Agentb was the most free style of all. I personally don't know what Vector is really like, but as far as I know it was suppose to be as clear as the original in any dimension. Anyway, Agentb's style brings fresh perspective to sig tabs.itsmyard [2]Avalon [1]kylelnsn [2]Saint_Michael [1]Agentb [3]

Well I have to say I like itsmyard's a lot. It has very nice colors and I like how it all flows together it all seems to fit. It is a really nice sig overall. I do like Aavalon's as well but I am going to have to go with itsmyard's.

itsmyard [3]Avalon [1]
kylelnsn [2]
Saint_Michael [1]
Agentb [3]

itsmyard [3]Avalon [1]
kylelnsn [2]
Saint_Michael [1]
Agentb [4]

My vote goes to Agentb, i like the colors and flow of the sig, and the shapes @_@

My vote goes to Avalon. I like the smoothness, and the swirls in the background.. It's the most visually appealing.

itsmyard [3]Avalon [2]
kylelnsn [2]
Saint_Michael [1]
Agentb [4]

My vote goes to agentb. I like the perspective style, it's not very often you see a vector sig that appears to have depth like that.

itsmyard [3]

Avalon [2]

kylelnsn [2]

Saint_Michael [1]

Agentb [5]

Congratulations to Agentb for winning SOTW #40. It was a close contest for a while there.

Here is your tab, display it with pride!

Posted Image

Edited by Avalon (see edit history)