xisto Community
zach101

Power Point Presentation

Hey guys tomorow I will be giving a speach on the american author Arthur Miller. Some type of visual aid is required however most of your grade will be given for your delivery of the speach. So most of the attention will be on me not the powerpoint. The powerpoint only needs to be like six slides or so im mainly doing a power point just because it will give them somthing to look at while im talking. There will just be a few pictures and lines of text on the actual power point most of the info I will say but what im wondering is are there any cool effects I can do with Power point? For instance on some flash videos ive seen a line come kinda across the top then one horizontaln and back again kinda like this.

------------------------------------------------------------ <scrolls across the top

|

|

|

|

|

| scrols down after top one slides across.

scrolls up >

|

and starts over

|

Scrolls back ------------------------------------------------

|

Now of course thats super sloppy and i realize you can do SOME animation in Power point but there isnt a loop fucntiont that i can find and your jsut all around limited so what iw as wondering is can i add a photo shop image in the pp that has the same animation effects? like will it hold the effects? and can i put flash in PP and if so is there like an easy flash banner maker thingy cause i have flash but am so new to it probebly couldnt make anything look decent. Any way thanks for your time if you know any way to ghraphically enhance a power point pelase let me know.

Notice from mayank:
Added quotes to that diagram. It was not contributing in any way.

Edited by mayank (see edit history)

Well you can do something like this:

1) Select the text, image, or shape

2) Open the Task Pane (Ctrl + F1)

3) Click Getting Started and find Custom Animation

4) While in the Custom Animation Menu

-Click Add Effect

-Scroll to Motion Paths

-Scroll over Draw Custom Path

5) Select your option from there. You can use a pre-set or create your own.

6) Your done, clap your hands and good luck on the project.

After you add that you can change the settings for your presentation, like display before or after the slide comes up and stuff like that. Good luck. :rolleyes:

you cna download some wicked powerpoint templates from microsoft website, which ahve soem nice animation and effects, there arnt many but the few they have that are really good!, anyways i still think it is better that you are trying to create your own because you can say i did that, look at what ive done!!!!its hard to find tempaltes on the web all google searches seem to give you ruubbish site that suck or you ahve to apy and for one sue of a powerpoitn presentation you dont want to pay for something you cna create, very ncie job and good luckw ith your powerpoint presentation!

If you know Visual BAsic you can aid that within it, I'll make a tutorial on it soon, (i badge making a tutorial on it)..Just thought you should know, hope fully the tutorial should be finished by next weekend