xisto Community
scab_dog

What Version Of Photoshop Do You Use? 7, CS, CS2

What Version of Photoshop Do you use?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Was wondering, i'm currently using CS2, i was using 7 before but my dads office got CS2, so i scabed it of them. I dont see a lot of difference in CS2, but just the logo and the toolbar effects.Ohh i was happy with paint before. but when i discovered Photoshop, it changed my mind.(I was searching for the right thread to post, and this was the closest one i found, isntit a pain to find the right thread to post on)

My school provides me with Elements 3.x or something like that. I hate it, there so cheap and stuff, I want CS2, so I will most likley get a trial and stuff. But one day if I become rich or get money or become successful then I will buy it. Why is it so freaking exenisive? Its like $999.00 or something like $1,000.00 for the bundle or just photoshop? And same thing with Dreamweaver? $799.00 thats crazy.

I bought the Adobe Creative Suite 2 and it comes with PhotoShopCS2, so i use that.Even, if you buy Photoshop CS2 by itself, it costs only US $649 which is worth the features it offers! You can buy this software, use it to create a site for a client and get your money back! Thats how I funded my CreativeSuite purchase :rolleyes:

I dont see a lot of difference in CS2, but just the logo and the toolbar effects.

The biggest difference I can see in CS2 is the Animation palette it has, no need to use Imageready to do animation now. There is also the option of 'Smart Objects', not exactly sure how to use it yet though.

I have CS2 which i ripped off from my school, it is totally awesome, and kills PAINT, paint is for noobs and you need skill to use photoshop effectively.

You're just saying that because you can't use M$Paint, n00b.

Anyways, finally a place where people are actually okay with upgrading. Almost every graphics forums I've ever been to has been b*tching at the new Photoshops and sticking with their version 7.

Also, there is plenty of new differences between version 7 and version CS2 (9.0).

One is they have completely reworked the filters. When you want to change your picture to 'watercolors' for example, you are presented with a whole new prompt that gives you the ablility to look at other filters vefore you choose. They brought this around in CS1 (8.0)

One more (there is too many to list...) feature is the new surface blur effect. It can give you almost cartoon effects, or it can help hide your working area with the clone brush tool.

Anyways, I'm tired and I'm going to bed, so g'night all of you!

I've been using CS up until now, but I've just left school... and now need to buy my own copy of the program, so I'm guessing that in the near future, I'll have my hands on the CS2 version. That should be nice. Although I'm not sure how much different it is. I know that at work, I have to use the Photoshop 7 copy of it, and I was at first so disoriented with it, having used only the CS for the past two years, but despite some minor set backs, I managed to give it a decent go.

CS2 is far more powerful than the version 7.. It has a lot more feature and i love it for it is a companion in making web designs.. it really good for making professional web site.. i design most of my graphics in photoshop CS2 only

Yeah..ive noticed..The Animation panel, me and my art/computer teachers have been applying and reapplying to get Photoshop, but the answer we get is The school is to poor to afford Photoshop, and i've heard they have surplus funds..Yep..I noted the differences, i'm not a professional, but the filters look the same, except the user interface.

ARG..i thought iw should post this, i found this really old photoshop. It was on one of my old computer mag disk. Just out of curiosity i installed it and tried it, it was just like Paint, except the gradient tool. It is hard to imagine how they developed CS2 from that version. <_<

I use My own photoshop configed by a friend. Its a program including various image programs - Imageready - Photoshop cs - Paint (believe it or not <_< ) and various other programs. I believe he have configed all programs in a special way that the image saves on all - Dont know how to explain really - But the image saves on all different scripts. Its a simple build but very easy to use. On the top corner it says : Photoshop - Image ready - You just switch whatever program you want to use and There! program opens with the same image that you were working on. Every little change on the image files saves on all programs. One negative aspect of this program is that it takes lots of space in the harddrive :( 3 gb is alot for an image program, however, if you can afford to waste some gigabytes - then it would all work out fine.My friend have also made an HTML scripting program - however, I got less use of that since it buggs alot - Too many errors - besides i prefer scripting through notepad - OLdschool style works the best :ph34r: ..

I use CS. CS2 has a different layout from what I'm used to, and my computer can't handle it properly.Never tried the older ones.