xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Adam Roach

Ati Vs Nvidia Which is better in your opinion?

Hello Everyone! :rolleyes:

I have an nvidia Geforce 6600 and i it is very good for gaming. But in Call of Duty 2 it's a little laggy. I have never bought an ATI card but have played on one, and i have no idea which ones are which. Unlike in nvidia i know what cards will work with what and if it will be laggy on a game etc. I was just wondering if you could voice your opinions on which is better. Have in mind that you should have a backup for your answer, so that your post ins't just, "nvidia", or "ati". Try telling me why you think it's better and I would like to have a vote on who has which card. if you could please highlight your video you chose to type. Please make it in red.

For Example.

I like Nvidia because of it's amazing ability to render shadows well in most of the games i play. I don't like/or haven't used ATI because I heard people having problems with them a lot of times.

I have an ATI card in my laptop (that I'm on now), and my desktop downstairs has Nvidia. Of the two, in terms of graphics quality and lagginess, I find my laptop a lot better. So I guess that makes my vote as ATI.. It could also be the distinct lack of spyware on my laptop, though, that makes it run faster. The desktop is full of the stuff, since most of the people who use it don't know how to get rid of it or prevent it from getting there in the first place.

I put an Nvidia in this computer when I built it, but it was more because I was on a budget and it seemed like the best value than because I thought it was the best gaming card on the planet. Keep in mind, this was over a year ago, so I couldn't say what's top-of-the-line now.

I will say that this computer still runs very smoothly, but like Xaetos said, it's probably a sign of good maintenance more than anything else XD

Ah, I will say that it lags up a little in games with extreme amounts of foliage XD ..but as long as I stear clear of dense forests, I'm okay ;p