xisto Community
Zabb

Common Sense Any One?

I'm not claiming to be the most intelligent person in the world but jeez these people that I deal w/ I don't know where all the common sense has gone.lets have a 4 page discussion about building an elevator to space.... aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhand how come the government doest satalite track people who use thier cell phones while driving? do you need to think about that for more than half a nanosecond? I dont wanna be a complete D*** but OMG people tell me your just earning credits w/ this stuff....

A forum will contain statements and point of views that you personally would not agree or see eye-to-eye. But that's the beauty of a forum. You can choose not to read and reply to a topic if you choose not to. But Xisto forum rule is when you reply to a topic, please contribute with quality and clear point of you why you disagree/agree. And at all times, use respectful tone in your words (refering to your other "comment").Just to take the counter point of your post, I can say the same thing about posting a vent in The Vent section regarding lack of quality topics created in Xisto forum to gain credits :lol: But I know you're not. I am merely making a counter point.Perhaps some topics may be far-fetched that it may seem not to be deemed to be a topic at all. And that's why we count on each and every member to create a topic that is worthy of long intelligent discussions. It is also inevitable that there will be topics that will not fit this term. But the important factor is that you keep contributing to Xisto forum. And the more we exercise of helping and building others to make better posts, soon we will not see topics that you are referring. Alright? :rolleyes:

First off, the whole elevator to space thing is actually possible. It would take an awful lot of work and a long time, but it is possible.Secondly, there is a chance that people might actually want to discuss this stuff. Kindof like how you must want to discuss how these people supposedly have no common sense, since you posted the topic. The way I see it, the topics you mentioned as being pointless had more of a point than this one.. but its the vent, so thats what ends up happening..Point being: Those topics have more potential for discussion than you realize. Let them talk about it if they want to :/

There are way too many topics here to get hung up on a few threads. I try to stick to the things I might know a little about or might have some interest to me. Slighty related point: it kind of bothers me when I make a long post explaining something and a day or two later I see a post in the same thread after mine that just looks like they took out a thesarus and rewrote my post. It bothers me when it happens to other people, too. But then that's all part of how this works. Another one: when you see an interesting thread that you might contribute to and you read three pages in only to realize that it's a bumped thread from five months ago that you already posted in. :rolleyes:

Edited by brandice (see edit history)

Weither those topics were stupid or not, did you read them? Then they did their part to be heard and seen by everyone. The whole point to posting is to share ideas, oppinions, and feelings with other people. They posted it and you read it so they got what they wanted and that's fine. I don't think that it's stupid to complain, I just think that it is logical to complain only after you realize that you were the one who chose to read it in the first place.

I won't be redundant by repeating everything above, but I do agree with most of the answers to Zabb. Where would this world be if there were not people with imaginations? The greatest discoveries and inventions of all time have come about because somebody dared to imagine their possiblities. What seems impossible to us today, may seem like common sense in the future. Besides, if you don't like the subject matter, you don't have to waste your time reading about it. Moreso, why would one waste even more of their time commenting on it? :rolleyes: Let's all be nice to each other on here. Edited by Mich (see edit history)

I don't think Zabb is the poster child for common sense, either. There's a term for a situation like this; "The pot calling the kettle black". Seriously. Look at yourself before you jump the gun, hypocrite.

Another one: when you see an interesting thread that you might contribute to and you read three pages in only to realize that it's a bumped thread from five months ago that you already posted in. :lol:

Oh YES... has happened to me on more than one occassion, lol.

As for topics go, the more varied and popular a forum is, I guess it is natural to expect a consequential variety in the content posted by the users of the forum. It might be annoying to see an article about bugfixes on a poetry forum, but for a place like Xisto, unless it's TOS-violating, I guess most content is just fine :rolleyes: Ignore what you don't like, methinks it ain't that hard.

Yes, I will say this, I do debate the sanity of some people on Trap 17 including my own, but thats another story. I personally see no problem with those types of boards, I find them kind of fun. This is because it allows my imagniation to wonder. Being in a world where you are bound by the laws of physics and such, it kind of is nice to have break from those rules and bounds and think about that elevator to space

Being in a world where you are bound by the laws of physics and such, it kind of is nice to have break from those rules and bounds and think about that elevator to space

That's kind of what I was thinking.. if I wasn't so lazy, I'd go search for that thread. It sounds more original than a lot of these, and maybe people could use something whimsical after reading all these vents XD;

Many of the most unique contributions to our society have come from people who have exhibited very little of what some would call 'common sense'. Think about this: 50 years ago a guy is sitting around thinking "wouldn't it be keen if I could put some stuff in a box and make it think, and...oh yeah, find a way I could use wires to set it up so I could talk to millions of people all over the world...and lets throw a huge database of information together that anyone can use!' I'll bet t lot of people thought that was a silly idea too...but you're sitting at the result, surfing the web.Let's not mistake thinking outside the box for a lack of common sense. To my way of thinking, a lack of common sense is a lot more evident in people like drunk drivers. 'Hey, I got drunk and crashed my car. LETS DO IT AGAIN!!!'