xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Blacklaser

Some Issues With Adsense Terms Of Service

Generally I like Google and Adsense but I think their terms of service are too restrictive, I'm especially pissed about the part where they don't allow you to display any other content-targeted ads on the same page along with Adsense ads...

here's the relevant line from their TOS:

If You have elected to receive content or Site-based Ads, You further agree not to display on any Serviced Page any non-Google content-targeted advertisement(s).

I recon that usually you wouldn't need to do that... but there are some cases where that is pain stupid and why would they not allow you to do that? :rolleyes:

Notice from mayank:
Edited Topic Title

well, Blacklaser I understand that this seems really bad and even I feel bad about it. But the fact is that it is good for you, good for google and good for everyone...because Google makes all the profit from google adsense only and more than half of its revenue comes from adsense for publishers.Now, if they will allow you to display ads from other companies then the revenue of Google will go down and I think most of us will not like to see that happen :rolleyes:

Imagine what you would be like if you were Google. They need to get many clicks to keep their advertisers happy, as well as make sure that those clicks are valid. I'm sure that they see a few lost publishers as a reasonable loss for the gain of new advertisers.