xisto Community
scab_dog

Nintendo Wii Your opinion about nintendos new console?

The new Nintendo Wii, as seen in the E3 (if you havent gone to e3 , i guess no one here as neither have i, i found a good video on http://www.gamespot.com/e3/ if that link dosent work go to gamespot and search for it.

Yep, i had a look at the newest Nintento Console, Wii. And i reckon it was awsome, weel better than good. I real badly want to give The Golf a go. For those who dont know, you can move the controler and the man of the tv moves the club according to your movement. So you can use the controler as a golf club.

Good: The controler, movement and everything.

Bad: The gfx of the console, it is not that good.

So what are your opinions?

Yep..forgot to add..Nintendo Wii is used to known as Nintendo Revolution. And can you also comment on the name change, i reckon Revolution sounds better, but after hearing that guy on the video, i changed my mind, it might be better... but i dont know, i prefer xbox thou

Notice from Plenoptic:
Merged Double Posts

Well - would you rather play a fun game - or a cool graphix game that would bore you within 1 hour? Nintendo are focusing on doing fun games - but unfortunately todays kids only think about graphics which ruins the fun.In generall I believe Wii is going to be the best ?console - Who can afford to buy a xbox360 or a ps3? Nintendo have the lowest possibly price on their console while microsoft and sony are working their **bottom** of to perform the best possible graphics. Would you really want to pay 500$ for a ps3? Personally I dont care about graphics - therefor I wont buy one no matter what. Even if the price was lower - what would I do with a ps3? Play games? Doubt it - Ps3 got no other games but sports and stimulation.

the old name was alot better. But the design looks really cool. But i hope that the graphics will compare closley to the ps3 and xbox 360. But i dont think it will happen. But i guess we will have to wait and see how it turns out. Becuase unless you actually see it in person and try it you will really know. Becuase videos can make it look alot differn't.

I hate that new name, it is horrible. It is the worst thing they have ever done, If they are still trying to reach people from different age groups then they have sort of ruined it with that name. Revolution sounded way better than the actual name. I really hope they change it to something else.

Yeah, I have to agree, it is the fun bit which makes the new nintendo sound better, i do care about the grafics as in i dont really want to be playing reallly low qualtiy games, like snes and so on, but if the gfx is better than game cube i'm more than happy.About the name, i'll say what the guy at e3 said, it is not word for word but of what i remember, he said that when google came what, and what people thought of that name, probely crap, but now every one knows it. And Wii is meant to sound like we, as in every one can play it.

No info about online play has been released.... that sucks, the controler thing its pretty cool, the gameplay will be fun, graphics wont come close to the xbox360 or PS3... But yea I'm going to get it before I get the PS3, still Xbox360 owns all them, Wii will be fore when more people are over, its a party system.

I really want to play the new zelda game for the wii. I know, its also comeing out for the GCN, but the wii version seems really cool. Like, you have to shoot an arrow by lining up the 2 controller...things and holding it like a bow, and when you shoot the sound goes from the controller to the screen, like you really shot an arrow. And you fish by actualy..fishing. It seems really awesome, and it should be. They dealyed the game realease for GCN for the wii, and Ive been looking forword to getting the game last november...so it better kick patoot.

I am very excited about the Nintendo Wii coming out. I also can't wait to play Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on the Wii. They have delayed this game so much; I am sure that it will be nothing short of fantastic!Another great thing about the Nintendo Wii is that it will be less than all the other next generation consoles. $250! The hard part is waiting for it to come out in November. Oh well, I guess I will have to. :)

I agree with most of you guys. The interactive controller is probably the selling feature of the console. Although there has been no other information on the graphics system of the console or what is actually in it meaning the hardware. Also, nobody really knows how good the online play will be.Is it going to be like PS2 where the online sucks or will it be like XBOX 360 in which the online community is amazing with Marketplace and all of the demos and downloadable content.If the online environment is set up the way Microsoft set up the XBOX Live, I wiill (that was a typo, weird huh?) probably give it a chance and buy the console but XBOX 360 will still be my primary gaming device....

The Wii certainly looks promising, and amid all the speculation of the upcoming failure of the PlayStation 3, I'd say it has an even better chance of helping Nintendo gain console market supremacy. I believe the "ii" in Wii also stands for something in Japanese, at least I read, anyway. Someone will have to look it up for me :)

Well that look like a lot of fun. I really hate the new name though, it sounds like a kiddies console. It looks like golf games and baseball games are actually going to be fun to play now. I cant wait to get my hands on a Nintendo Wii. Anybody know the realease date? I really havent cared about the graphics lately. my computer cant even play the games on high res, and I dont have or wwont have an hdtv sooner or later. I too have noticed that the latest games are all about gameplay and not graphics, I really havent found a decent 1 player game in the last couple of years. Really. All the Fps depend heavily on their multiplayer to be recognized as good games, but above all is the graphics, which I really think is crap.

I don't think the graphics will be a problem here. The focus of the Wii is gameplay. And the graphics really aren't THAT bad. The Wii is like a fresh breath of air because of it's new concepts. The Xbox and PS3 are giants in hardware, but it just seems like the same old thing to me.

great console ( from what i heard about it ) and classics nintendo game return with better graphicsit had agreat controler ( oh sorry i mean remote ) with great featurebutt don't nintendo sick of making zelda and mario over over and over again for every console they made( mario tennis , football , baseball ... bla blab bla )? i think they need to create something new .

Im on this program for like 6-8 hours a day and this guy on a server would not stop talking about nintendo wii i got really annoyed he kept talking about what games he's going to buy googles the game up and then posts a little information on i was really angry, i think he calmed down today woo iw ould of gone nuts.

I just read about it and it sounds awesome. It would be the most fun console ever. Because in shooting games you don't just move the joystick and press a little button. You get to actually aim and press a little button. And they are trying to keep the price under $250. Atleast from what I read.