xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
savge17

How To Prepare For Finals And Sat!?

Im having trouble preparing for the SAT and the Finals witch are both next week. Does anyone have some brief recomendations for me?

Currently I basically just read the chapters covered for my textbook classes and for Math I just go over notes and do the problems and then I check my work. For the SAT I have a tutor I take every weekend. I got a 1450 my first try on the SAT? Do you think its bad for my grade level? How can I improve my scores? Im a Jr. in high school (11th grade) ill be a senior next year. (12th) The SAT is out of 2400 points.

I really am hoping to score ubove an 1600 with the next SAT coming up. People say that your best score is always your first..... I really hope that this phenomenon is incorrect...

As for my class Grades I have:

Algerbra II: C

Physics: C

English III: A

U.S. History: A

Latin II: B

Possible Problems:

As you can see my problems are all related to math and scientific fields of work. These are the classes of witch I must improve.

I scored low on the Math sections in the SAT and some of the critical reading. Some improvements must be made in these fields to improve my overall score.

as for the essay I scored 9/12. So I dont need to worry about this. I will go for a 10,11 or even a perfect score next time.

To make things worse I have a broken right hand, witch I had to get surgery on...I am right handed so I do have trouble writing and circling answers. It probably takes me about 15-25% more time to answer any one question. So do you think this is affecting my scores?

Note: I receive extra time on the SAT. I think its about 25% extra time. Dont know exactly.

Edited by savge17 (see edit history)

1450/2400. Lol that was my first score. But hopefully I will score ubove that next time I take the test. I know that I can do wayyyy better than that...

I got 1450/2400 my first try. But Hopefully I will improve when I take it this weekened. I am confident eneough And I know I do have the capabilities of scoring maybe ven a 2000. But I would have to be pretty lucky for a 2000 lol. Hoping to improve my score by atleast 250 points. Witch would bring it up to a 1700. But I would be happy with a 150-200 point imporvement as well. And anyways theres no way I can score less than I did before right? I mean I have been studying since last time I took it for the next one and now I know what it is like to even take the test. I think that cofidence is key about the SAT's and really if you go in and score less before, its most likely because you had doubt in yourself or were not as confident. As for my grades, hey do you think they are solid grades? I know that the Algebra and Science both are week grades but hey. The semester is over and theres no way to bring those up... I have been working hard all year and hopefully it pays off. For some reason I always score A's in my Engligh and History classes. But its just those two subjects that I have trouble with. Next year I will be taking the folowing classes:ChemistryPre-CalculusLatin IIIEcon (economics)web-Design...... :lol:3D DesignI am hoping to get into a 4 year college. Im really exicted :rolleyes: but also scared that my grades might not be good enough to get into a UC (my GPA- 3.2). But hey, theres always provate colleges and Junior college witch I could transfer over to a 4 year after 2 years. It doesent really matter anyways, all I can know right now is to work as hard as I can until I acheive the goals that I dream of. My only real goal is to be successful. I want my time spent in school to mean something. Thats why I have been going for so many years, and Im sure its the same reasons why other people stay too. It really doesent matter how well you do in things really, its how hard you try to do well.. This is what really counts to me in my mind.

First of all, for the SATs you cant really study for them. They are soo broad that it doesnt really help. My best advice for them is just do basic math problems and probably learn some good writing techniques and metaphors to put in the paper. When i took them, it was out of 1600 and no writing so i can only speculate on it. For finals, the best way to study is just go over previous test and quizes and redo the problems you did wrong and see if you now know how to do them. Also, make a schedule and plan how much time each day you are going to study for a final. I would not recommend just studying the day before for a final but a few days before and do a little each day. You will remember it better and will most likely do better on them. Good luck and hope your finals go well and the SATs

There are many SAT prep books which seem to help - my brother was valedictorian but only got a 1260 (out of 1600) on the SAT, some people just aren't test takers... As for reviewing for math finals, just sit down, go through all the chapters the final covers, and do every problem. Alternately, if you don't have a s***load of time on your hands, talk to a friend or someone who has already taken the class and ask if they can help you study - it's worth a shot...