xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
barnes

Wanted: Information On A Sub 40 Dollar Decent Video Card. I want something to play HL2, Guildwars, etc.

My card is beat. I have a Geforce 4 MX Intergrated. Its time for an upgrade. Games have not been working for my any more. Anarchy Online is SLOW (Framerate wise.), Entropia does not run, Linage II does not run, Guild Wars does not run, its not fun.Now, I have 40 dollars in my pocket right now. A pay check comes on Saturday, but I'm more intrested in just saving up. (Camera, or gutiar...) I don't want to blow 200 bucks on a video card thatwill beomce out dated soon.I want something that will play HL2, Guildwars, Linege II, etc. I want to have 32MB or more on board RAM, as with Guildwars minum specs. Another plus would be 2 VGA ports for dual monitors, though I could always use my Geforce 4 MX for one monitor and what ever I buy for the other. So, any reccomendations? I don't mind eBay.

a radeon 9200 or 9200 SE should be able to play them, just not atthe best quality. new. you can probably get them new for about 20-40 dollars now. very decent card for the price (and has a big overhead for overclocking if need be).

I have some video cards in my system within that price categorie.Asus V9520 (nivedia chips) and an Asus A9550TD (ATI chips).Both are AGP 8x and have 128 MB video RAM are working fine but I have never played any games you specified with it.The only game I play Is Red Alert 2 and with that game I have no problems.In our stores (new) Videocards with less then 128MB are no longer available.These are cards are better then the videocard on board of the mainboard, because most of the time they use shared RAM.