xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Adam Roach

Call Of Duty 2 Mapping And Modding Mapping and Modding

Hello Everyone! :lol:

Does anyone else here like to map and mod for Call of Duty 2? I figure that I'm the only one that does since most mappers and modders don't know much about web hosting and php coding and such. Meaning that I'm probably the only one in this community that does. If anyone does I would like to here about your successes in making a great mod or map! If you would like to have me run your mod or map then send a link and I will try and run it on my home made linux server! :rolleyes: Even though it can only hold about 8 players/clients. Your map will be on the Master Server List meaning that others might come in, like your map/mod, and run it on their server! This would greatly spread your map into the Call of Duty 2 Gaming Community.

I am currently working on a realism mod for this game. It will feature all of the physics of real war. Including sprinting, weapon drops, weapon jams, tripping on rocks, and also having medics and engineers and realistic skins for the players.

I hope that I will be very successful with this. When/If i get web hosting with Xisto then i could create a website just for my mod! And I could also post pictures of maps that I am making! ;) I love Xisto and I hope nothing ever happens to them!

well, I know I like to play COD2! :rolleyes: But ive never tried mapping or anything, but I play it on the Xbox 360 so I dont think any custom mapping is possible. I was thinking that they should release a program with the 360 so you can map and mod your games, but yea. I guess thats what the game downloads are for on the microsoft marketplace. Anyways its an awesome game. And I dunno why I didnt get it for computer but hey, overall its about the same for the 360 and PC. Unless your PC sucks.

Edited by savge17 (see edit history)

:rolleyes: Well my computer does NOT suck. It's pretty powerful. I don't even think that it would be possible with XBOX to mod unless you have a USB mouse that you could hookup to the XBOX. Since mapping requires a mouse, like evrything does, but in mapping it's different. You almost never use the keyboard. And an XBOX controller wouldn't work. I know it wouldn't, that's because I know all the concepts to the mapping.

:rolleyes: Well my computer does NOT suck. It's pretty powerful. I don't even think that it would be possible with XBOX to mod unless you have a USB mouse that you could hookup to the XBOX. Since mapping requires a mouse, like evrything does, but in mapping it's different. You almost never use the keyboard. And an XBOX controller wouldn't work. I know it wouldn't, that's because I know all the concepts to the mapping.

Well if you dont use the keyboard in mapping, then I would think you could do it with a controller easy, you would just have to get used to the controller. When I started experimenting with maps I used the doom3 engine. And I had to use the keyboard to script sequences and functions, such as a door opening and an elevator going up and down. To the way a zombie attacks at you, or even where enemies spawn.

COD2 mapping is definitely not as complicated as mapping for DOOM3, or even the new games like fear. There is more scripted sequences such as doors for example. It gets even more complicated because almost ever door opens diffrently than the other and has diffrent operating speeds. It gets so complicated and its alot like flash in a way, because if you mess up the keyframes and the cripted actions, then the whole sequence wont even operate correctly. Its why I quit mapping for DOOM3, after I made my first map I realized what A waste of time it was. Just too much work for me.

This is why I like simple games for mapping such as COD2. When you make maps for this game its usually a multiplayer based map only. Theres less scripting and actually less moving objects, other than a couple of doors that open and close using the "use" key.

What program do you use to make map's id love to try it out because ive always thought ohh that looks good and that looks good i could incorporate all the things i like into one map. So if you could share with me what program you use please.

Cod2 mp weapons mods

Call Of Duty 2 Mapping And Modding

Would you be interested in making a custom weapons mod with ability to sprint for COD2 v1.0?If so please contact me at rcrreed at comcast.Net

-question by Randy