xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Blacklaser

Thepiratebay.org Raided - Servers Seized

I rarely use Bittorrents, but when I did, I use(d) suprnova, never heard of piratebay.However, was interesting to read, and slightly funny that the police arn't sure whether it's illegal...PS: In your post, you don't tell them that the police raid their servers. You make it sound like it was a hacker, and the police are unsure if the hacker should be arrested...or to me atleast

I think that TPB will be back online soon because they seemed pretty sure that what they were doing was legal in Sweden. Also, TPB is a tracker - they track the downloads and synchronize it, they dont actually host illegal files (or that's what they claimed!)And BTW the story recieved 4000+ in less than 9 hours!! They're pretty popular :)

I think that TPB will be back online soon because they seemed pretty sure that what they were doing was legal in Sweden. Also, TPB is a tracker - they track the downloads and synchronize it, they dont actually host illegal files (or that's what they claimed!)
And BTW the story recieved 4000+ in less than 9 hours!! They're pretty popular :)

They are very popular, and they never had a downtime over a day or two ever since I've heard of it.

TPB is a tracker - they track the downloads and synchronize it, they dont actually host illegal files (or that's what they claimed!)

That's why they're also being charged with assisting breach of copy-right law.
It's wrong on the part of the police to take servers that didn't host the torrents, and TPB will probably get a slightly less harsh sentence/less chance of being convicted/some form of compensation for that.

Hmm I never used bit torrents before but it is popularly used by my friends at school... Although I still dont know what bit torrents are... although I have an idea of what it is... This one seems popular and most likely gonna go back up soon again once things cool down around the topic

The TPB can receive compensation from the Swedish state in case that the upcoming legal processes show that TPB is indeed legal

According to the news posted on the site, TPB is in fact looking for a compensation and they seem very confident that they are legal. Keep in mind that TPB is hosted in Sweden, and Swedish laws apply and those laws have some loopholes that these guys are playing around with. I'm pretty sure they're going to remain online!

Bittorents are the worst thing ever invented. Ive tried to download things before using bittorent, but I have never once been successful downloading something using bittorent. Why do people use it? I have no idea....why.....

Does anyone remember the email threats PirateBay recieved? They would post it on their site and also their sarcastic/mean replies to them. Now it's like... So what about the whole "we're in sweden not in US we're never going down so hahaha" :-o

So what about the whole "we're in sweden not in US we're never going down so hahaha" :-o

I read that they'd just move their servers to a new country if it turned out what they were doing was illegal in Sweden. Try North Korea; I'm sure they're not going to bow down to any pressure from a US organisation like the RIAA any time soon.

I read that they'd just move their servers to a new country if it turned out what they were doing was illegal in Sweden. Try North Korea; I'm sure they're not going to bow down to any pressure from a US organisation like the RIAA any time soon.

LOL Really? Boy, are they prepared...

North Korea, lol X-D
I believe for every email threat to North Korea, they will send a nice big nuke.