xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
amir691

Ps3 Too Expensive, The Wii Is Winning

Japanese-language game and entertainment magazine Famitsu found that 88 percent of their readers believe that the PlayStation 3 is too expensive, with 69 percent saying that that they are most looking forward to the Nintendo Wii this fall and winter. In the quest for who gets to be #2 in Japan, 21 percent said that they were looking forward to the PS3, while only 7 percent cited the Xbox 360. Peter Moore can't be happy about that.The survey was conducted after E3 in order to assess how gamers feel about this year's upcoming console extravaganza. Gamers were also asked to rate the forthcoming gaming titles they are most excited about. The results show a mix of titles from all three consoles, plus some adoration for the Nintendo DS: 1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii/GC) 2. Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) 3. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3) 4. Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen & The Tower of Mirrors (Wii) 5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) 6. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) 7. Final Fantasy III (DS) 8. Monster Hunter 3 (PS3) 9. Biohazard (Wii) 10. Halo 3 (360)The Japanese gaming market is notoriously complex and full of life, but one thing is absolutely clear: it must feel really good to be Nintendo right now. The top 10 list is dominated by Wii entries, and Nintendo scores a 1UP with an additional DS entry, for a total of six spots on the list. Sony has to be content with three, which while low, is still higher than one.If the PlayStation franchise is the Godzilla to Nintendo's Mothra, it's not clear who the people really want to win. Sony has earned the loyalty of millions of fans worldwide, much as Nintendo did before it. This survey suggests that this might not be enough, at least while prices remain high.The recent "dark days" at Nintendo, if you can call them that, look to be a thing of the past. The Nintendo DS has outsold Sony's PSP to date, and the new revision of the DS has plenty of gamers drooling all over again. Now with the Wii almost fully revealed (still waiting on a reliable price), Nintendo looks to be ready for a super smash in the revenue department.

I don't know... the PS3's graphics seem to be more promising than Nintendo.Nintendo has always had worse graphics than its Sony and Microsoft counterparts.Although the DS has sold more units than the PSP, you can't say that DS has better graphics!Same with the GameCube vs. PS2/XboXNow when Wii comes out, the PS3 will be able to outdo it like its always been doing. (XboX 360 was a disappointment though :))

yea i agree. I think graphics wise the ps3 will be better. In my opion N64 was the best console from nintendo that it when they where really ahead of sony in my opion. Then when the new systems came out they didnt really do anything like have their system be able to play movies or something special. So i am really hoping they will do something like this and you never no maybe this could beat out the ps3.

yea i agree. I think graphics wise the ps3 will be better.

In terms of pure raw pixels on screen and whatever technicalities, I think you can say with certainty the PS3 WILL be better. What a lot of people fail to observe though is Nintendos focus on graphics in a different way, in terms of character and environment design etc. Just because the Wii won't have the most powerful CPU/GPU behind it does not mean the graphics will look particuarly ugly in anyway (and will probably only be too prevalent in games which are ported from other consoles).

Anyhow, the Japanese market tends to gear towards Nintendo and Sony. Probably a take on the US market would show differently with a heavier showing by Xbox. I can't say personally I'm keen on the 360 either though.

Right now i have around 500$ saved up for the release of the ps3.. Might be one of the lucky first owners? My goal is 1,000 so I can get a few good games to.

From what i've heard, the PS2 did a (As a I call it) "Fable". It promised stuff, but then didn't have it.I've also heard that this is the same with the PS3, but it might just be me.But $500 is expensive, and isn't there two sets, like with the 360, just like Sony said they WOULDN'T do?

I've got a PS3 it's amazing but is 500$ that expensive for a game console? The graphics are truely fascinating. I think that everyone should get a PS3, it's for now the best on any other game console like nintendo.

I personally thinkt he PS3 will win. It has the best graphics out of any systems, motion controllers, 7 controller ports, and more. It has many more features than any other Gaming sytem.

But, as other people noted, the price tag on the PS3 is a little too high! Apparently, the premium unit (console, wireless motion controller, other stuff) is going to be priced at $800! IMO That's pretty high!

I feel this batch of consoles is not as good as any other generation of consoles in history. Who names a console Wii? The Revolution was a much better name. The PS3 is too expensive. The 360 isn't innovative enough. It doesn't use blu ray or HD DVD technology, which will severely cripple later games that require more space for highly detailed character models.

I don't know... the PS3's graphics seem to be more promising than Nintendo.
Nintendo has always had worse graphics than its Sony and Microsoft counterparts.

Although the DS has sold more units than the PSP, you can't say that DS has better graphics!

Same with the GameCube vs. PS2/XboX

Now when Wii comes out, the PS3 will be able to outdo it like its always been doing. (XboX 360 was a disappointment though :P)

This is just false information, the truth is the N64 had better graphics than the Playstation 1 and the gamecube had better graphics by far then the ps2, with Xbox winning the graphics race in that round.

The cold hard fact is that ps3 is the first sony system to be the lead in graphic capabilities and even now there is speculation about the graphics of the console.

Try to use real facts, not just peices of opinion when makeing such bold statements.

This is just false information, the truth is the N64 had better graphics than the Playstation 1 and the gamecube had better graphics by far then the ps2, with Xbox winning the graphics race in that round.
The cold hard fact is that ps3 is the first sony system to be the lead in graphic capabilities and even now there is speculation about the graphics of the console.

Try to use real facts, not just peices of opinion when makeing such bold statements.

.... I beg to differ. PS1 and N64 were very close to equal. I own both, so no "you don't know that". Don't get me wrong, N64 made gaming history if you ask me. That was probably Nintendo biggest console. No other game like Perfect Dark. As for PS2 and Gamecube... Gamecube has simple graphics. The games are usually simplified so they look really neat. I have nothing wrong with that, but it's not as graphic intensive as PS2, it was way more gameplay-centered. That's Nintendo's thing.

If you didn't notice, Xbox came out over half a year after both those. It should even be counted in that "round".

After everyone in the begging trying to get the ps3 it seems to have really gone down a lot. I have seen a few ps3 in about every store I go to know a days. I have not seen one wii yet. It seems like Nintendo did a very good job with the wii and i can't wait to try one out for myself.

First of all, the PS3 and Wii are kinda in separate categories. The majority of people who play console games will get a Wii and either the XBox 360 or the PS3 since they are more hardcore gaming machines. The Wii is amazing in gameplay and will be a machine to play with friends and even by yourself. But for the graphically amazing games, with huge CGI films and large plot lines, the PS3 or XBox360 are the way to go since they have much better capabilities.