xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kylelnsn

Converting Brushes

hey all i have got hold of adobe photoshop 6 and i have downloaded loads of brushes only to find that they dont work becaue it is an older version, and then it got me thinking that maybe there is a way to convert these brushes so that i can use them with m,y version of adobe photoshop so basically is it possible to convert bruses and things to work with an older version of photoshop, all help would be most appreciated and i need help becaue i wana use these brushes, thanks for the help and i look foward to hearin the result of thsi thread!!

There is only one way that comes to mind. There are probably other ways, but i'm not aware of them. Obviously, you'd have to find someone that has a compatible version of Photoshop. Then, you give them the brush set, they convert each brush into PNG files: the good-quality ones that support alpha-channels; make sure they dont have any background to the images. Then, they send you the PNG images of the brush set, then you open up each, and define a new brush for each image, then save the brush set. This should do it.

Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

ahhh sounds like a lot of work really, dont worry about it because i might be geting cs2 for a pressie from my mum as ive been using photoshop alot lately, so ill give you the heads up when i get it, so thanks any ways but dont worry about thanks for the help and im sure someone will use this method, but for me it sounds like a lot of work, thanks anyways and keep up the good work thanks!