xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BWiZ

The Urbz: Sims In The City Upcomming Sims Game

We've offered you a detailed look at the places you'll want to check out in the console versions of EA's upcoming Urbz, an urban twist of its popular Sims franchise. However, those aren't the only stomping grounds for Urbz. The upcoming Game Boy Advance version of the game offers an entire mini city for you to explore. Here we offer you a look at the districts in the game.

Urbania

Urbania, the heart of Miniopolis, is where some of the coolest streeties got their start--including Darius himself, the absolute biggest player in the city. Urbania is also the oldest part of town, so the buildings sport their age and character with pride (along with some artistic tags here and there).

Places to Go

Known for the best pizza and entertainment in town, Slice O' Life comedy club at the north end of town is one to check out; it's not only a great place to meet people and get your groove on, but also it's THE place to earn fast simoleons doing some stand-up comedy (if you know someone who can hook you up). If you're looking for an education, just walk a few steps north and you'll find Miniopolis University, complete with an extensive class schedule. If you're looking for something a bit off the beaten track, look for one of Urbania's best-kept secrets, discreetly tucked away on the south side of Urbania: the chopper shop and racetrack set up by the infamous Dusty Hogg.

But even more of a secret is the tight nightspot lurking somewhere in the corners of Urbania--the legendary Club Xizzle! But no one will tell you straight up just where it is or how to get there. You'll have to do some reconnaissance of your own if you're itching to get a piece of the action…

The Locals

Urbania has plenty of local characters you've just got to meet. Since the streeties call Urbania home, don't be surprised if you run into Darius, the king of the streeties, from time to time. Another streetie, Crystal, can be found in the comedy club working the dance machine from time to time. Look for Ewan Watahmee down in the chop shop--he has been known to give his old friend Dusty a help with the hogs.

Of course, if you ever hear some sweet saxophone stylings as you stroll the city streets, it's a surefire sign that "Cannonball" Coleman is nearby working the artsy vibe. If you're looking for nerdies, try Miniopolis University--but don't expect to find too many richies on this side of town. It's a little too "authentic" for their tastes.

Getting By

If you're looking to earn some quick cash, Urbania is the place to be, as it's overflowing with unique and interesting jobs. Detective Dan runs the "Hoopz" basketball tournament over on the roof of the jail, which is a good place to start. Once you get settled in Urbania, talk to Maximillian Moore about a job practicing your surgical skills, and over at the comedy club Cannonball Coleman might know a thing or two about getting into stand-up comedy. Only the tough need apply for the daily races at Dusty Hogg's motocross tracks--make sure your hog is up to snuff before taking it out for a spin!

Urbania Cribs

When you first arrive in Urbania, you'll be homeless--but do not fear, Detective Dan at the Miniopolis jail will keep a cell open for you till you find a place to put down roots. Up on the north side of town, you'll find two adjacent mediocre brownstone apartments--both fixer-uppers for thin living, but hey, everyone's got to start somewhere…

Here are some pics

Posted ImagePosted Image

I hate the sims... Phhfftt, It annoys me they always whine and cry and when I help them with their Hunger their Hygiene goes down and when I help their Hygiene their Fun goes down. UGHHH! :)

i enjoy the urbz because of the different styles it has like:urban popgangstaelegantasianothersits fun,my picture is all over the place and i have a penthouse,plus fergie likes me!lol!

Yeah bought this for Gameboy Advance when it came out - i completed the game, and its awesome. The the only downside to it is that i really hate cities and urban places, so i have like nightmares over this game lol - im just weird though...Yeah great game, you can have something like 6 or 7 people at once and i love the fact that you earn money and stuff, and doing jobs :D

the version that i am talking about is the one for the playstation 2 my friend has it for the gameboy advance too though. its slightly different from the playstation 2 . but i like it better for the ps2 because of graphic quality.me too flashy i should say that i am quite goraphobic(scared of the streets.)it runs in my family but i still find time to love this game,but i havent played it in a long time because my ps2 broke and can only play dvds. (it dropped while i was playing the sim2 urbz,lol) also there is a machine where you can make simeleons that you can unlock,that is why i WAS so rich in that game. when my ps2 wasnt broken i couldnt play on it because i lost my brothers game final fantsy seven dirge of cerebus.,so yea..