xisto Community
BooZker

Should I Get Adsense? Will it even pay off?

I was thinking about getting it, but i don't know of anyone that makes any money what so ever on there. Youd have to be like Myspace to make decent money. Another question is it worth all the work to sign up? My last question is just should i get it. I would put it on my 2 sites http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ I get a good amount of vistors, but not a lot.

P.S. could i put it on my myspace page?

It is much better to have Google Adsense if your website has really big amount of visitor and followers. If not I would suggest to just forget about it, You will have a long time earning your first check from Google Adsense. there are times when your website would load slower because of the advertisements, and some visitors just hate seeing ads on websites.

It is much better to have Google Adsense if your website has really big amount of visitor and followers. If not I would suggest to just forget about it, You will have a long time earning your first check from Google Adsense. there are times when your website would load slower because of the advertisements, and some visitors just hate seeing ads on websites.

OK thanks. Yah i hate ads too thats why i switched to Trap 17 and i also got rid of all my affilates that were on my old site.

I'll take a look once it is up. We can be affilates also. I'm trying to get affilates rather then ads now. After i get some good affilates then i might get some ads.

I think it's really hard to say whether or not you should get Adsense for your site. I suppose it's personal preference really, and you never know, having it there means there is the possibility to be making money, even when you aren't working on your site. I think that's the part I like best about it... even when I don't do anything on my site for two or three weeks, Adsense is still quietly working away making some money.I'm not going to say I've made much off it yet... but I don't have that big of sites. But I can tell you that I have recieved some money off it, which as far as I'm concerned is money for nothing. I would have made the site regardless, so the few pennies here or there are just like an added bonus.I was hoping that eventually I'd like to make a living off of adsense... but that is a very LONG LONG time away. (Unless I get VERY VERY lucky lol...) but still... for the no effort it takes me to leave the ads there... I will. Eventually the money will add up.And don't let the sign up discourage you from getting Adsense. It's only a one time thing, so it's really not that bad. You then get to decide how you want your ads to appear, which takes a little time, and then you have to paste the code into your pages, which can be time consuming if you have a lot of pages made already, but it's really easy to just add it in there for any new pages that you make - especially if you use any kind of "template" for your pages.I pasted my Adsense code right into the template I made up for my site, so whenever I use that template, the ads just automatically appear for me now. Quick and painless :)Anyway, it's still up to you what you wish to choose, but I wanted to let you know that adsense also offers small text links, which don't scare away the visitors so much... it's not all flashing banners and such... there is plenty to choose from, so have a look around the Adsense documentation before you decide against using it.

im pretty sure you cant put adsense on your myspace.. but unless u think your website your putting the adsense on will recieve alot of traffic then i dont think getting adsense is worth it because u wont get the money until you earn 100$ and if something happens to ur account before u reach the 100$ mark then u just have ads on your site for nothing

I have AdSense on my site, and my visitors/members actually like it :lol: It displays very relevant ads because it is easy to detect the genre of my site. As long as they aren't too obvious and your attention isn't brought to it, i would put them on :(You have alot of different options on how to display the ads, many of which actually (in my opinion) make your site better. You don't really notice Xisto's ads, they have quite a good set up.As for the sign up, just bite the bullet and do it, once it is done you can put AdSense on all and every site you want. The amount you get is disappointing from looking at the page views, my site has 24,900 or so page views on the clock with only a small amount of $ being made (In the two $** range :( )Hope this gives abit of information

Edited by Bkag (see edit history)

I would reccomend that to all who those have a website. Its free so you wont bother if your visitors will click that or not.Its not like other contextual ads like Adbrite or clicksor that is just CPC. Some text ads on adsense are both CPC and CPMYou need to optimize the keyword of your site to get more relevant ads. Avoid using pronouns for the keywords of your site.You can add other advertisements like Citika and adbrite except pop-up, pop-unders and contextual ads that looks like adsense e.g. text ads from clicksor.They have other services like google search bar, advertisements related on the querry will be shown above the search results. Most people will click the site they see first and the ads are related so they wont hesitate to click it. Referral buttons like Picassa and Mozillafirefox+googletoolbar were you will earn upto $1 when someone install those program on their computer.You need to optimize the ads to make it look like a part of your website so people wont be annoyed.Contextual ads are much faster to load than image banners.Adsense is ideal for websites that doesn't have much high traffic. In adbrite you need to have a high traffic site so advertisers will buy your adspace

AdSense is a good source of revenue for your website but keep in your mind to adhere to the rules of the adSense account otherwise you'll be banned and you will loose all the money you've earned.

I wouldnt recommend it unless you do have a large amount of traffic coming into your website, if so then why not add it? Yeah a few ads, but it can turn into some cash for you to add to your website. I think people are so used to seeing the google Adsense that they really are getting to the point where they dont even notice them. Good for them, but can hurt the amount of clicks you get. Might as well give it a shot if you have umm i'd say atleast 500 unique visitors a day. That sound about right?

To the people that have them on your site: do they affect the way your homepage looks? I know it would probably look way better without any ads, because after all the reason I got Trap 17 is because it had no ads, but my site isn't that well-known anyway so I'm not sure if they'd be worth putting them on there, especially if they affect the professionality and overall look of the homepage.

I always thought that adsense would be a waste of time. I only get 1000 page views on the clock though. So I will probably only get like mabye $1 a day? I'm going to wait for a while till I get more page views per day and then try it out. Of course, I'll make them as unintrusive as possible.