xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Fu Still Better

Should I Learn Html Or Php First?

I want to learn both, but I just want to know which is probably the easisest to start out with.I heard that html is easier, but php is more helpfull or something.Well, anyway, if anyone knows, please reply.Thanks is advance. :)

I think you will definately need to learn both. You can try using the WYSIWYG HTML editors but there are a lot of times where they don't work as well. And when you are using PHP, it is difficult to see the actual result of a page anyway.HTML is pretty easy to learn anyway. There are only a few basic tags that you will use over and over again. I find that all you have to do is learn how to READ html. I don't remember half the stuff in HTML but I just program it once and reuse it. For example, style sheets. You can copy someone elses, and try to understand it, then you can modify it to suit your needs (change colors, border sizes, etc.). There is no real need program.In terms of PHP, if you've had experience programming in any other structured programming languages like C or Basic, it will be very easy to pick up. You just have to figure out the different function names.

Well, HTML is really eas to learn and an easy concept. I would say to learn HTML and than learn PHP as some of the HTML will help you out with your PHP learning as PHP is a bit harder. But yeah you should learn both because they kind of go hand in hand with each other and I would advise you to know both of them to be a good webmaster.

I know i dont know jack about html or php. But It seems to me (in my recent learning experiences) that php would be a better us of time.. because with WYSIWYG you dont need to know much html. Also.. with CSS and PHP you can make an entire site with verylittle html. Just my thoughts... (coming from a person that doesnt know jack :) )

You Must first Learn HTMl and Then Learn PHP

HTMl Is Easy Lan

but PHP is not

if you dont know HTML tag You can not Learn PHP Code

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hyper Text Meta Language (:() is the most basic. but it is extremely

infexible and can be learned by anyone in a small amount of time.

The way i learned to do Html/Php was to start with some basic html then some basic php and built each one up at the sametime.

( i found FAQ's unhelpfull though. i didn't want to read php's lovely complex documentation =P so i scraped a few commands and syntax off the top and experimented.)

A friend i know tryed to learn php without even thinking about html. his sripts were fine used in the command line on his redhat box. but he struggled to put it on a web page when combining it with HTML. ('coz he was trying to be fancy and write html on emacs without even knowing a line of HTML lol).

HTML first / PHP afterwards is the best way foward. but if you have done some

perl / python / C varients give PHP a whirl first, then you can laugh at HTML =D.