xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
amir691

Difference Between The 2005 Ps3 And The New 2006 Ps3

It looks like the PS3 is being fully displayed by sony. The original 2005 desgin had no holes for the hot air from the processor to come out so the a change in the 2006 model is just a lot fo vents and holes to let all the hot air out. Some plugs like usb were swiched around and change but for the most part its the same thing.there will be a 20GB for $499 and 60GB for $599, but it looks like the 20GB has a lot of setbacks and missing features that the 60GB has. One that i know is that you will have to use a wired controller for the 20GB.

There are a few other technical changes too, although they won't really make that much of a differences to the average gamer, these are:

Reduction from 2 HDMI outputs to 1 HDMI output.

Reduction from 3 Ethernet Ports to 1.

Reduction in number of USB ports.

Differences/Similarities in 20GB and 60GB versions:

60GB has Compact Flash, SD, Memory Stick Pro Duo readers, 20GB does not. (can be upgraded via external drives)

60GB has WiFi, 20GB does not. (can be upgraded via an external adaptor)

20GB version has no HDMI output. (and cant be upgraded)

Both will however support wireless controllers. (4 controllers and an additional 3 devices)

Both versions can have the HDD upgraded (any removable laptop HDD will do)

Although it doesn't really matter to me as it is, as here in the UK it appears that you will only be able get the 60GB version retailed at ?425 ($793, but unlike US price this included tax)

Could be wrong but I'm fairly sure thats the official word as it stands today, please correct me if I am wrong.

why would they have two version: a 2005 and 2006. PS3 is coming out near the end of this year so why would they have a 2005 version, unless you guys are talking about the photype. Lol.. i dont' know, i dont' think i would want to spend 600 dollars on a game console; i would rather get a dell laptop for that price -- could do many more things than a ps3.. lol