xisto Community
exalted5

Ronaldinho

Ronaldinho is a great player with very good ballhandling skills, but the best is Ronaldo. He is a machine and is 10 steps above everyone else on the field. He makes a joke of the other team when he plays.

I think that basically they both are great players. I find that they both ahev great ball sense and they know the rythem of the game. I think Ronaldo is an all out striker, whereas Ronaldinho is more of a midfield player so their styles are different. But the main thing is that both make soccer look too easy.

Ronaldinho and Ronaldo are both very good players, although if I had to give an exact answer of who I thought was the best out of these two, I'd say Ronaldo, although they are both great players and there's only like a little difference between them.I'm sure both of these players will play great in the remaining games of this world cup.

Have a read of this and follow the link, its written by them

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

DORTMUND, Germany -- Brazil's Ronaldo scored his 13th and 14th World Cup goals Thursday night, tying the tournament career record held by Gerd Mueller of Germany.

He also surpassed Brazil's World Cup mark held by Pele.

The striker scored with a header in first-half injury time in the defending champions' 4-1 victory over Japan in Group F. He added a second in the 81st with a right-foot shot from 20 yards.

Ronaldo has 66 goals in 102 international matches with Brazil. Pele scored 95 in 114.

Ronaldo had a great chance to put Brazil ahead in the seventh minute after beating a defender inside the area, but his close-range shot was saved by goalkeeper Yoshikatsu Kawaguchi. His right-footer in the 20th was just as dangerous, again being stopped by Kawaguchi.

Ronaldo was coming off two disappointing performances, being held scoreless and twice being substituted.

The striker had to deal with a series of distractions since arriving for the World Cup a month ago, including a weight controversy and a string of minor health problems. Ronaldo admittedly arrived for the tournament overweight after enduring a series of injuries with Real Madrid during the season.

Coach Carlos Alberto Parreira has supported Ronaldo from the start, saying he remains a key for Brazil and will be a threat after gaining back his rhythm.

Ronaldo was with Brazil when it won the title in 1994 in the United States and 2002 in South Korea and Japan. He could equal Pele's feat as a three-time World Cup winner with another title this year. Pele won it in 1958, '62 and '70.

advertising
In the 2002 tournament, Ronaldo won the scoring title with eight goals in seven matches. He scored twice in the final against Germany.

EARLY 'AU REVOIR' AGAIN? The ecstasy of 1998 has faded so much that some folks have trouble remembering France as a soccer power.

Should the French not beat Togo today as the opening round concludes, they will add a second ignominious chapter to their recent past. As defending champion in 2002, France went out in the first round without scoring a goal. Now, top-seeded in Group G, it must beat Togo to have any chance to advance.

France tied Switzerland 0-0 and South Korea 1-1, giving the French just one goal in their past five World Cup matches. A victory over Togo in Cologne could win the group should the Swiss and Koreans tie in Hanover.

Anything less, however, and it's "Au Revoir" for the French.

"I am not pessimistic," coach Raymond Domenech said. "I am looking ahead to the future. We are here to qualify."

They will have to do it without veteran Zinedine Zidane. The hero of the 1998 championship is suspended for getting two yellow cards in the previous matches. He walked off the field in disgust when replaced late in the South Korea match, throwing his captain's armband into the dugout.

Zidane, known as "Zizou" by his teammates, has announced his retirement after the World Cup, and his final game could be spent sitting on the bench.

"We know Zizou is right behind us," said France defender Mikael Silvestre, who will replace the suspended Eric Abidal at left back. "The best way to help him is for us to qualify."

CAREER CUP GOALS

Player, Country Years G
T1. Mueller, W.Ger. 1970-74 14
T1. Ronaldo, Brazil 1998-06 14
3. Fontaine, France 1958 13
4. Pele, Brazil 1958-70 12
5. Kocsis, Hungary 1954 11
5. Klinsmann, Ger. 1990-98 11
7, Rahn, W. Ger. 1954-58 10
7. Cubillas, Peru 1970-78 10
7. Lato, Poland 1974-82 10
7. Lineker, England 1986-90 10
7. Batistuta, Arg. 1994-02 10

Yes ronaldinho is a fantastic player and is the player who must be admired.He has lot of skills,he dribbles well too.I think barcelona sometimes can't do anything without ronaldinho,he just a very great player and I love him.I want that he never gets old and continues to play for a long time.I want ronaldinho to come to the FA Premier league,I like this league very much and I want that manu buys ronaldinho soon,because Manu is my favourite team and I want to see ronaldinho play with rooney and christiano ronaldo. :)

Nowadays Ronnie is in bad shape... he isnt playing like we use to see him play, and seems like the relation betwen he and Frank the Coach is broke... sadly he will be almost obligated to join another team, maybe Chelsea in the English Premier League...

I do not believe one can label any player as the best soccer player there is... come on no one player satisfies all the soccer positions... ronaldinhos defense tactics are everything but impresive... maybe he could be labeled as the best offensive central midfielder but no as the best player.

I do not believe one can label any player as the best soccer player there is... come on no one player satisfies all the soccer positions... ronaldinhos defense tactics are everything but impresive... maybe he could be labeled as the best offensive central midfielder but no as the best player.

Now the paly in Milan, when I heart it I don't think it was true.
Ronaldinho must play in Barcalona all his life:D
Ronaldinho belong to Bacalona hehe ^_^

Well.. ronaldinho WAS a good player.. first I admired him too, but especially the last (2) years he's playing worse and worse. Not that he isn't an additional value for a team, but to say that he's the best soccerplayer in the world, goes too far..