xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FirefoxRocks

Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 Download ENTIRE file

Is there any way I can download the ENTIRE 80MB IE6SP1 file without going through the Online Installation. I need to transfer it to a computer that doesn't have Internet access.If I download the IE6SP1 installer, I cannot install it on the other computer because it doesn't have internet access. I need the full installer. Anyone know where to find it. Thanks.

Yup that ain't too hard.

You can actually download and save the files using the standart installer and a little trick allows you too get juts what you need:

1. Download Internet Explorer 6 SP1 setup file (480KB), and save in a folder where you want to keep the whole setup files. Here I use » c:\download

2. Click Start > Run , enter the following command line in the field provided.

c:\download\ie6setup.exe /c:"ie6wzd.exe /d:1 /s:""#E"

3. The IE setup will launch. After accept the agreement, you are provided the Download Options as follows.

Posted Image

Here you can choose where do you want to store the setup files and download setup files for which Windows version.

4. Click Next button and it will start download the setup files, without install. Done!

Information from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

More information can be found on here and here.

I hope this is helpful but just in case this google search ought to provide you with everything you need: "download full IE6 SP1"