xisto Community
MaineFishing45

Gmail Phishing Attempt

Thats a long message, but read the #'s where he wants personal information, bank accounts, address, and why is the message in all CAPS? Thats really wierd. I reported it to Gmail, but wanted to know if anybody got something similiar to this message.

I have a new email address!You can now email me at: peterwetego09@yahoo.com

ABIDJAN,IVORY COAST

Email(peterwetego09@yahoo.com )

DEAR ONE,

PERMIT ME TO INFORM YOU OF MY DESIRE OF GOING INTO BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU. I GOT YOUR NAME AND CONTACT FROM A FRIEND WHO IS MEMBER OF UBLOVE.AND INDUSTRY. I PRAYED OVER IT AND SELECTED YOUR NAME AMONG OTHER NAMES DUE TO IT'S ESTEEMING NATURE AND THE RECOMMENDATIONS GIVEN TO ME AS A REPUTABLE AND TRUST WORTHY PERSON I CAN DO BUSINESS WITH AND BY THEIR RECOMMENDATIONS I MUST NOT HESITATE TO CONFIDE IN YOU FOR THIS SIMPLE AND SINCERE BUSINESS.

I AM PETER WETEGO, THE ONLY CHILD OF LATE MR AND MRS WETEGO, MY FATHER WAS A VERY WEALTHY COCOA MERCHANT BASED IN ABIDJAN, THE ECONOMIC CAPITAL OF IVORY COAST BEFORE HE WAS POISONED TO DEATH BY HIS BUSINESS ASSOCIATES ON ONE OF THEIR OUTING TO DISCUSS ON A BUSINESS DEAL.

WHEN MY MOTHER DIED ON THE 21ST OCTOBER 1990, MY FATHER TOOK ME SO SPECIAL BECAUSE IAM MOTHERLESS. BEFORE THE DEATH OF MY FATHER ON 24TH JANUERY 2004 IN A PRIVATE HOSPITAL HERE IN ABIDJAN.

HE SECRETLY CALLED ME ON HIS BEDSIDE AND TOLD ME THAT HE HAS A SUM OF (US$12,500,000.00 TWELVE MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) LEFT IN A SUSPENSE ACCOUNT IN A LOCAL BANK HERE IN ABIDJAN, THAT HE USED MY NAME AS HIS ONLY SON FOR THE NEXT OF KIN IN DEPOSIT OF THE FUND.

HE ALSO EXPLAINED TO ME THAT IT WAS BECAUSE OF THIS WEALTH THAT HE WAS POISONED BY HIS BUSINESS ASSOCIATES, THAT I SHOULD SEEK FOR A FOREIGN PARTNER IN A COUNTRY OF MY CHOICE WHERE I WILL TRANSFER THIS MONEY AND USE IT FOR INVESTMENT PURPOSE ,(SUCH AS REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT). DEAR,I AM HONOURABLY SEEKING YOUR ASSISTANCE IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS .

1) TO PROVIDE A BANK ACCOUNT WHERE THIS MONEY WOULD BE TRANSFERED.

2) TO SERVE AS THE GUARDIAN OF THIS FUND.

3) TO MAKE ARRANGEMENT FOR ME TO COME OVER TO YOUR COUNTRY TO FURTHER MY EDUCATION AND TO SECURE A RESIDENTIAL PERMIT FOR ME IN YOUR COUNTRY.

MOREOVER, DEAR, I AM WILLING TO OFFER YOU 15% OF THE TOTAL SUM AS COMPENSATION FOR YOUR EFFORT INPUT AFTER THE SUCCESSFUL TRANSFER OF THIS FUND TO YOUR NOMINATED ACCOUNT OVERSEA.

FURTHERMORE, YOU CAN INDICATE YOUR OPTION TOWARDS ASSISTING ME AS I BELIEVE THAT THIS TRANSACTION WOULD BE CONCLUDED WITHIN SEVEN (7) DAYS YOU SIGNIFY INTEREST TO ASSIST ME.

ANTICIPATING HEARING FROM YOU SOON.

THANKS AND GOD BLESS.

BEST REGARDS.

PETER WETEGO.

- peter wetego

Thats kinda wierd why would he chose someone unknown to him to transfer his money..I think its spam..hope you don't go for it..

Thats a long message, but read the #'s where he wants personal information, bank accounts, address, and why is the message in all CAPS? Thats really wierd. I reported it to Gmail, but wanted to know if anybody got something similiar to this message.

1. I have received many of such Email , last year. But thank god none in this year.

2. I reported them to spamcop.

3. I put them in special folder to investigate their IP and the links between them

4. My investigation showd that most of them initiated in Nigeria or in Eastern Europe Republics of the former Soviet Union.

5. I think they have two objects:
a- step by step will collect many financial information about you:, your bank, your address, your emails, your credit cards,....THat they can used in theift identity, credit application on your behalf to their destination,....OR they sel these information to others.
b. when you start be concerned, they will ask a flow from costs, to solicitors, to issues documents, to insurance, to transfer etc, bit by bit and not all together. AS you paid some , you find yourself to continue and not stop. It is as gambeling.

6. I remember once I replied to one that was more natural to see what they are doing. In my reply, I said:
" - I am ready to help but I will not put any cent, except my times, emails and corresponce.
- I will not but my self in lying position [because I agains lie even the tiny one]
If you find that you can fulfill these two conditions, I happy to help. NO ANSWER AFTER THAT !!!!!!!!!

7. In your case GOOGLE has no role except that investigate the matter as a spam. If they as Yahoo or hotmail, they will shut the account. But unfortunately they can get another one next day. So the head is not suitable but it can be "Spam Complain" head or topic.

Thats kinda wierd why would he chose someone unknown to him to transfer his money..
I think its spam..hope you don't go for it..

Well then why did I make a topic title called a phising attempt. I recieved a second e-mail from them so they are really wierd and stuff, but otherwise than that its annoying and stuff what they are doing,and I will report it to Spam Cop if I see another message come it.

If somebody falls for that then...good God, your stupid. :)

Why is the message in ALL CAPS?

that's soo obviously spam. and the guy is intending to defraud anyone who replies. he'll take you're sick kids medical money and college fund. what a loser. should be executed with a blunt instrument.

yeah this is so clearly a phising attempt its not funny, just delete it and forget about it, and remember this little piece of advice no-one legitimate ever uses all caps, ever.or.you could send him your bank details for a laugh and see what happens (but I really wouldn't recommend that one), more extremely phone the FBI or something (again I wouldn't really recommend that either)

These 419 scams are as old as e-mail and they're not even worth making a post about. But they're not a phising-scams, they work differently, for more information visit 419 Eater. And if you want to read some stories of scammers getting scamed: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ But I must warn you: some of those stories are absolutely brilliant and once you started it's hard to stop reading :) My favorite one is still this one about an e-bay scam gone wrong, absoluetly amazing stuff!! :)

The one you have got is not that much interesting. What I used to get were mostly from Nigeria stating that he/she is a good believer of God and he trust God that this email was sent to me despite of not knowing me. How clever and they can actually cheat other good believers like this. But such things will never happen. One time I just replied and they started asking my address and contact details. At that time I gave up.I never report such emails. I consider them as good as 'You have just won 1 million dollar!' visit this link. I push them to the spam inbox....

Here is what I suggest.

If you get any type of this email, copy the first line of the text, or even his/her email or name and paste it into google search.

You will see that you aren't alone on this, there are dailys more and more frauds like this.
Please now that this is only a system that sends email to everything and everyone, just to get some money into the bank account.

Mark this email as spam, and if you friends get this type of email, warn them :)

Enjoy